Hollywood reenactment of Prop 8 hearings (video)
10:55 AM PST 12/21/2010 by Eriq Gardner
Lawyers for media companies were disappointed with last month's ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court that barred TV cameras from filming federal court proceedings relating to the constitutionality of Proposition 8, the 2008 California ballot initiative that defined marriage as between a man and a woman.
Leave it to Hollywood to find a way around the ban.
Filmmakers John Ireland and John Ainsworth recently put out a casting call to the Screen Actors Guild to film a reenactment of court proceedings. Response was enthusiastic, and the cast soon included such notables as Academy Award-nominated actress Tess Harper, Golden Globe nominated actress Adrienne Barbeau, and Gregory Itzin, known for playing the bumbling president on Fox's "24."
In its decision last month, the Supreme Court cited concern about the effect on witnesses' testimony, which the majority said "may be chilled if broadcast."
We wonder what the high court would say after seeing this surprisingly realistic recreation of Perry v. Schwarzenegger. Perhaps C-SPAN should think about dramatizing Supreme Court proceedings:
Weekend Box Office
For the Weekend of 3/29/2015 Source: Rentrak
- Marvin Gaye's Sister Zeola Sets The Record Straight On Reported Family Feud Over 'Blurred Lines' Lawsuit
- New Film Healing of Love Is Challenging the Paradigm of Relationships
- The Death of Fake Reality Television, The Birth of 'Connected'
- Morgan Spurlock, 'One Direction: This Is Us' Director: Zayn Malik 'Struggled The Most' With Touring Demands
- Pia Mia Seduces Us In 'F--k With U' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Jamie Chung Has a Condom Problem in 'Resident Advisors' Clip (Exclusive Video)
- Mark Wahlberg Producing Boston Marathon Bombing Movie 'Patriot's Day'
- Stephen Amell Signs Up to Play Megan Fox's Love Interest in 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2'