'Hurt Locker' producer files massive antipiracy lawsuit
It's official. "Hurt Locker" producer Voltage Pictures has declared war on 5,000 unidentified people who allegedly pirated the Oscar-winning film. The lawsuit was filed this week in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
- New litigation campaign quietly targets tens of thousands of movie downloaders.
- "Hurt Locker" producer about to sue an army of pirates
- Time Warner Cable resisting new antipiracy campaign
- EFF recruiting attorneys to fight piracy lawsuits
- Is Time Warner Cable about to be sued for copyright infringement?
And here's the complaint. According to the lawsuit: "A Defendant's distribution of even one unlawful copy of a motion picture can result in the nearly instantaneous worldwide distribution of that single copy to a limitless number of people. The Plaintiff new seeks redress for this rampant infringement of their exclusive rights."
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR