Jennifer Lopez Sued For Interfering With Movie About Ex-Husband
Has a Hollywood actress ever been sued for attempting to keep nude video of herself out of circulation?
Jennifer Lopez has now been subjected to a $10 million lawsuit filed yesterday in Los Angeles Superior Court by Claudia Vazquez, the girlfriend of J-Lo's ex-husband Ojani Noa.
The complaint itself is extraordinarily thin -- just four pages long -- and alleges that Lopez tortiously interfered with a movie that was going to be made on Noa's life. A contract to make such a film was allegedly agreed upon by the Vazquez, Noa and Noa's business partner, Ed Meyer, who was set to direct the film. The complaint adds that the prospective film had picked up funding from NBC and Telemundo, which are alleged to have the final right of refusal for the production and/or distribution of the film.
What Vazquez' lawsuit doesn't include is many details about how Lopez interfered with this film. Could it have something to do with Lopez' own $10 million lawsuit against Noa?
Lopez, who will soon be seen as a judge on American Idol, was married to Noa briefly in the 1990s. Upon separation, Noa signed confidentiality and non-disclosure covenants.
Last year, Noa announced plans for a documentary that would include honeymoon video, which purportedly featured a naked Lopez. He was sued by the actress for allegedly violating the covenants he had previously signed. A judge issued a restraining order against distribution of the video, which one has to imagine killed any interest in seeing a film about Noa's life.
Noa and his people have vowed revenge for a long time. This new lawsuit could be it. His side could now press the case that the actress interfered with a contract to make a film.
Calls to Jay Lavely, Lopez's lawyer, haven't been returned, but Lavely has in the past said that the transformation of honeymoon video into a film doesn't make it legitimate.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Ted Nugent Show Canceled After Native-American Tribe Hears About Rocker's 'Racist And Hate-Filled Remarks'
- Stephen Colbert Asks Nancy Pelosi If She Has Naked Pictures Of John Boehner
- Even Government Agencies Play The 'Kim Kardashian: Hollywood' Game, And Here's Proof
- Jon Stewart Learns What Happens When You Criticize Israel