Lawyer wants Renee Zellweger's diary
12:18 AM PST 2/3/2009 by Eriq Gardner
Insurance companies are the gentle, invisible hand that rules Hollywood production. They don't often show up in the news — unless something goes horribly wrong. We're talking death. Injuries. Loudmouths. Lately, however, we're getting all of the above.
One case we're particularly watching is Clarendon National Insurance Company v. Colder than Jersey Productions.
In late 2007, Clarendon sued to prevent the production company behind the 2005 film "Cinderella Man" from recovering $3.4 million given to Renee Zellweger to hold her while the film's shoot was delayed seven weeks. The movie couldn't start shooting until Russell Crowe recovered from an injury training for the role of boxer James J. Braddock. In the complaint, Clarendon claims it paid out almost $6 million to cover Crowe's injuries and rehabilitation, and other production delays. It has been questioning the timing of the insurance claim.
Apparently, Clarendon's lawyer, Allen Michel, thinks Zellweger can provide the answers. On Friday in Los Angeles, Michel was in court in Los Angeles to ask a judge to order Zellweger's deposition. Michel also wants Zellweger's diary, which he argues might contain clues about the actress' schedule during this time. Or maybe it will just provide lots of "Bridget Jones" puns for blogs to put in headlines.
- Asylum Film Or Children's Book With Tara Reid And Ian Ziering, Stars of 'Sharknado 2'
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Explains How Batman Is Like Pussy Riot
- (VIDEO) Multi-Channel Network Collective Digital Studio Launches New Content for Purina
- Watch #AOLBUILD Live Stream Featuring Aubrey Plaza, Dane Dehaan and @LifeAftrBeth Director Jeff Baena
- Justin Bieber Shares Photo of Orlando Bloom's Ex-Wife Miranda Kerr After Fight Video Surfaces
- Charlie Hunnam Makes Up For Missing Comic-Con in Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Zoe Saldana Hides Baby Bump in Black Dress at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Screening
- Elizabeth Banks: 'I'm Very Genetically Blessed, I Cannot Deny It'
Weekend Box Office
For the weekend of 07/25/2014 Source: Rentrak