Lawyer wants Renee Zellweger's diary
12:18 AM PST 2/3/2009 by Eriq Gardner
Insurance companies are the gentle, invisible hand that rules Hollywood production. They don't often show up in the news — unless something goes horribly wrong. We're talking death. Injuries. Loudmouths. Lately, however, we're getting all of the above.
One case we're particularly watching is Clarendon National Insurance Company v. Colder than Jersey Productions.
In late 2007, Clarendon sued to prevent the production company behind the 2005 film "Cinderella Man" from recovering $3.4 million given to Renee Zellweger to hold her while the film's shoot was delayed seven weeks. The movie couldn't start shooting until Russell Crowe recovered from an injury training for the role of boxer James J. Braddock. In the complaint, Clarendon claims it paid out almost $6 million to cover Crowe's injuries and rehabilitation, and other production delays. It has been questioning the timing of the insurance claim.
Apparently, Clarendon's lawyer, Allen Michel, thinks Zellweger can provide the answers. On Friday in Los Angeles, Michel was in court in Los Angeles to ask a judge to order Zellweger's deposition. Michel also wants Zellweger's diary, which he argues might contain clues about the actress' schedule during this time. Or maybe it will just provide lots of "Bridget Jones" puns for blogs to put in headlines.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project
- Renee Zellweger Breaks Silence on New Look: 'I'm Glad Folks Think I Look Different'
Weekend Box Office
For the weekend of 10/17/2014 Source: Rentrak