Nicollette Sheridan Drops Abuse Claims in 'Desperate Housewives' Lawsuit
Remember those bombshell allegations of physical and emotional abuse on the set of Desperate Housewives that Nicollette Sheridan lobbed at ABC and the show's creator Marc Cherry in April?
Well, now the actress has agreed to drop the most explosive claims in her $20 million lawsuit against the network and Cherry. In a joint stipulation filed Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court, Sheridan drops her claim for intentional infliction of emotional distress and agrees she won't assert any claim for emotional or physical damages. In exchange, she won't have to submit to a mental or physical examination. Nice move, ABC.
So what's left in the lawsuit? Sheridan, who sued ABC, Cherry and Touchstone Television in response to her being kicked off the show, allged assault and battery, wrongful termination and sex and gender discrimination. She can still proceed with the case, but her damages could be severely limited. On the bright side, at least she doesn't have to submit to a psychiatric evaluation.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport
- Sleepy Hollow's Tom Mison & Nicole Beharie Take San Diego Comic-Con by Storm