There In A Pinch: Sulzberger Forced To Give Testimony To Donald Trump
Trump is suing the paper's business editor, Timothy O'Brien, and the publishers of O'Brien's book "TrumpNation: The Art of Being The Donald" because the book reported that Trump's net worth was $150-$250 million instead of the billions of dollars he claims to be worth. Trump is suing for $5 billion in damages for hurting his "brand and reputation."
This lawsuit probably wouldn't be anything to be taken seriously, but the New York Supreme Court says that Sulzberger must submit himself to a deposition about conversations and e-mails he had with O'Brien. In the e-mails, O'Brien says things like, "Donald is easy to lampoon, but harder to portray accurately (and deep down inside he's really sort of likable - in the way that endearing but out of control 8-year-olds are likable)."
Trump's lawyers believe that Sulzberger will show that O'Brien had "actual malice" or that he had "reckless disregard" for their truth — the standards by which to win a libel suit.
Who wants to take us up on a $5 billion bet that Trump loses the case? Donald?
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR