There In A Pinch: Sulzberger Forced To Give Testimony To Donald Trump
Trump is suing the paper's business editor, Timothy O'Brien, and the publishers of O'Brien's book "TrumpNation: The Art of Being The Donald" because the book reported that Trump's net worth was $150-$250 million instead of the billions of dollars he claims to be worth. Trump is suing for $5 billion in damages for hurting his "brand and reputation."
This lawsuit probably wouldn't be anything to be taken seriously, but the New York Supreme Court says that Sulzberger must submit himself to a deposition about conversations and e-mails he had with O'Brien. In the e-mails, O'Brien says things like, "Donald is easy to lampoon, but harder to portray accurately (and deep down inside he's really sort of likable - in the way that endearing but out of control 8-year-olds are likable)."
Trump's lawyers believe that Sulzberger will show that O'Brien had "actual malice" or that he had "reckless disregard" for their truth — the standards by which to win a libel suit.
Who wants to take us up on a $5 billion bet that Trump loses the case? Donald?
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Benedict Cumberbatch & Keira Knightley Dance in 'Imitation Game' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Michelle Dockery's 'Downton Abbey' Returns on January 4 For Fifth Season!
- Dwayne Johnson Wears Wig For Funny Fitness Skit on 'Tonight Show' - Watch Now!
- Kate Hudson Can't Stop Giggling During Box of Lies Game - Watch Now!