Piracy Hot List: Michael Jackson, WWE's 'Slammy Awards,' 'Legend of the Guardians'
The big news in music piracy over the past week was the leak of all ten songs from Michael Jackson's first posthumous album release.
At least MJ wasn't around to witness it. Who says that 3D animation is safe from piracy?
The most-pirated film last week was Legend of the Guardians, Warner Bros. owl adventure from 300 director Zack Snyder. The film is scheduled to be released on home entertainment on Friday.
Meanwhile, Inception holds strong as the second most-pirated film. Another Warner Bros. release scheduled to hit stores this week, the blockbuster is a serious contender for most-pirated film of the year.
Here are the ten most pirated films of the week, according to TorrentFreak:
- Legend of the Guardians
- Despicable Me
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part One
- The Legend of Awesomest Maximus
- Game of Death
- The Town
- The Sorcerer's Apprentice
- The Social Network
On the television front, last week's most pirated shows included Showtime's Dexter, CBS' How I Met Your Mother, ABC's Desperate Housewives and CBS' Hawaii Five-O. The strongest single-day piracy surge occurred around Monday's USA Network airing of WWE's The Slammy Awards, honoring the best in professional wrestling entertainment.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services