Polanski victim wants case dismissed; read Samantha Geimer declaration in full
Samantha Geimer, 45, who signed the declaration in Hawaii, says she's being harmed by the attention the case has been getting and by the explicit details prosecutors have dredged up, she claims, to distract attention from accusations of wrongdoing against them and the case's original judge.
Here's the full declaration.
She's made similar statements before, but we're pretty sure this is the first time she's weighed in since case heated up recently. Polanski is seeking a dismissal of the case that caused him to leave the country but he has been told by prosecutors he must show up in court to have his claim of misconduct in the original case heard.
Interestingly, in her declaration Geimer cites the recent documentary "Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired," which she urges the court to see. She also says she is willing to appear in court if Polanski doesn't.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)