Read the lawsuits: Real estate agents vs. 'CSI'; beauty queen vs. ICM; 'Farrah' docu producer vs. Ryan O'Neal, etc.
11:32 AM PDT 5/25/2009 by Matt Belloni
The #1 request we get via email is to post full complaints more often. So as a desk-clearing on this Memorial Day, here are a few of the more interesting filings from the past couple weeks:
- Married real estate agents have sued CBS and "CSI" writer-produer Sarah Goldfinger claiming two shady characters on the show were named after them in revenge for a property deal gone bad. They're claiming defamation and invasion-of-privacy and seeking $6 million in damages because the show allegedly hurt their real estate business. Here's the complaint.
- Former beauty queen Claire Robinson has filed a class action complaint against ICM claiming the agency and agent Jack Gilardi subjected her to unwanted sexual advances. Here's the complaint.
- Craig Nevius, the producer who collaborated with Farrah Fawcett on her recent NBC documentary, has sued Ryan O'Neal and others seeking to regain creative control of the project and asking for unspecified damages. Here's the complaint.
- Boxer Antonio Tarver has sued Sony, MGM, Revolution and others involved in the recent "Rocky Balboa" movie for at least $1.5 million in unpaid bonuses and other compensation for his role as boxer Mason Dixon in the film. Here's the complaint.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Chrissy Teigen's Optical Illusion Ensemble Is Making Us Do A Double Take
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
Weekend Box Office
For the weekend of 07/18/2014 Source: Rentrak