Record labels sue Vimeo, claim social network encourages infringement
Over the past year or so, some (like the EFF) have argued that genres like mash-ups constitute a non-commercial transformative fair use of copyright. In the complaint, the labels argue that the music is not incidental, but rather provides a focal point for the content. The plaintiffs compare these videos to "television programs or independent films, with recordings synchronized with the dialog or the visual material."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR