Staffing: Marty Singer, Howard Weitzman Add Partners; Promotions at Columbia, MPAA
New year, new hires and promotions in the entertainment legal world....
Michael Weinsten has joined Los Angeles showbiz litigation firm Lavely & Singer as a partner. Weinstein has represented prominents talent as well as cable companies, record labels and video game companies. He joins name partners Marty Singer and Jay Lavely in the firm's Century City headquarters.
Chad Fitzgerald, Jeremiah Reynolds and Jonathan Steinsapir have been named partner at Kinsella Weitzman Iser Kump & Aldisert. The firm, headed by high-profile talent litigators Howard Weitzman and Dale Kinsella, is based in Santa Monica.
Michael Marshall has been promoted to executive vp business affairs at Columbia Pictures. He joined the studio in 2008 as senior vp business affairs.
Media and copyright lawyer Lucy Holmes Plovnick has been named partner in the Washington office of Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp. She was formerly an associate at the firm.
On the antipiracy front, the MPAA has made some hires and promotions. Mike Robinson has been promoted to executive vp content protection and chief of operations, and Kevin Suh has been upped to senior vp content protection, internet. In addition, Paul Brigner has been appointed chief technology policy officer for the studio organization. Karen Thorland recent joined the org's legal team as vp and senior content protection counsel.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR