Top 10 celebrity neighbor disputes
Val Kilmer is having trouble getting the zoning permit to turn his 6,000-acre New Mexico ranch into an upscale bed-and-breakfast. His Santa Fe neighbors are still outraged by his 2003 interview with Rolling Stone, in which he called his neighborhood the "homicide capital of the Southwest" and said that "80 percent of the people in my county are drunk."
Let's call Kilmer's fracas No. 10 on our list of favorite disputes involving celebrities and their neighbors. The other nine:
- Beyoncé Knowles was sued by her neighbor for "waking him out of a peaceful sleep at 7 AM" one morning as a film crew shot a music video.
- Charlie Sheen had to pay off his neighbor after she complained that the "wacky neighbor and female stalker Rose" on his show "Two and a Half Men" was based on her.
- Rihanna's neighbor claimed the pop singer had chauffeured vehicles on her property for hours at a time and that security cameras at Rihanna's home pointed onto her property.
- Leonardo DiCaprio was sued when he built a basketball court that allegedly destroyed his neighbor's deck, pool and hedges.
- Paulie Shore's slovenly ways caused a property-damaging landslide, according to a lawsuit filed by neighbor Wes Craven. (Extra points for that one because the neighbor was also a celebrity.)
- Similarly, Sylvester Stallone was sued by his neighbor, Los Angeles Dodgers announcer Vin Scully, for rainwater from Sly's garden that caused flood damage to his home.
- Foxy Brown was arrested for allegedly smacking her neighbor with a Blackberry.
- Vincent D'Onofrio was sued by a dog therapist neighbor who claims the actor had a big problem with her "Canine Aquatics" home business and videotaped her for four years. The neighbor is now suing D'Onofrio for violating her privacy and willfully inflicting emotional distress.
- Sean Connery's neighbor sued the actor three times over poor renovations that resulted in foul smells wafting into his apartment.
Health & Hollywood
- Bill Hader Thinks Recent 'SNL' Fan-Voted Bracket Needed More Women
- Grover And Abby Cadabby From 'Sesame Street' Really Love Michelle Obama's Hugs
- Toddler Takes The Lead In Choreographing Interpretive Dance For Adults
- Alison Bechdel Awarded MacArthur Fellowship: 'Fun Home' Creator One Of 21 New Fellows
- Adam Arkin on The Bridge, Directing Himself, and Getting Mistaken for George Clooney
- Get a Glimpse of the Hannibal Writers’ Room in This Clip From the Season 2 DVD
- That Story About the Django Unchained Actress Handcuffed for ‘Kissing While Black’ Just Got More Complicated
- Watch a Supercut of Every Impression Bill Hader Did on SNL
- An In Depth Joan Rivers Biography is In the Works
- Taylor Schilling & 'OITNB' Cast Brighten Up the Red Carpet at Netflix Launch in Berlin!
- Avril Lavigne & Chad Kroeger's Relationship Reportedly in Trouble: 'They've Been Fighting A Lot'
- Ellen Page Wears Nearly Nothing & Flashes Her Amazing Abs for W's New Royals Issue