The 10 Most Shocking Images From David Bowie's 'Next Day' Video (Photos)
The short film depicts a kinky, blood-soaked bacchanal attended by prostitutes and members of the Catholic clergy.
Rock provocateur extraordinaire David Bowie has proven he still has a few tricks up his sleeve with his latest music video for "The Next Day," the rollicking title song off his surprise comeback album.
Directed by Floria Sigismondi, who also helmed the video for the album's second single "The Stars (Are Out Tonight)," the short film depicts a kinky, blood-soaked bacchanal attended by prostitutes and members of the Catholic clergy.
Money exchanges hands between a cardinal and a scantily clad redhead, blood spews forth from stigmata in Marion Cotillard's hands, and Gary Oldman plays a lascivious priest. Hovering above it all is Bowie himself, bathed in heavenly light and wearing Christ-like robes.
“Thank you Gary, thank you Marion, thank you everybody," the singer says, then disappears.
Feathers, needless to say, will be ruffled.
Here then are the ten most (safe for work) shocking, graphic and controversial images from the new Bowie video. Need more context? You can watch the entire video here.
What's Hot In Music
- Asylum Film Or Children's Book With Tara Reid And Ian Ziering, Stars of 'Sharknado 2'
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Explains How Batman Is Like Pussy Riot
- (VIDEO) Multi-Channel Network Collective Digital Studio Launches New Content for Purina
- Watch #AOLBUILD Live Stream Featuring Aubrey Plaza, Dane Dehaan and @LifeAftrBeth Director Jeff Baena
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Rian Johnson Is Already Revealing Details About 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'
- 'Every Single Thing' In the 'The Walking Dead' Season Five Premiere Is a Spoiler