The 10 Most Shocking Images From David Bowie's 'Next Day' Video (Photos)
The short film depicts a kinky, blood-soaked bacchanal attended by prostitutes and members of the Catholic clergy.
Rock provocateur extraordinaire David Bowie has proven he still has a few tricks up his sleeve with his latest music video for "The Next Day," the rollicking title song off his surprise comeback album.
Directed by Floria Sigismondi, who also helmed the video for the album's second single "The Stars (Are Out Tonight)," the short film depicts a kinky, blood-soaked bacchanal attended by prostitutes and members of the Catholic clergy.
Money exchanges hands between a cardinal and a scantily clad redhead, blood spews forth from stigmata in Marion Cotillard's hands, and Gary Oldman plays a lascivious priest. Hovering above it all is Bowie himself, bathed in heavenly light and wearing Christ-like robes.
“Thank you Gary, thank you Marion, thank you everybody," the singer says, then disappears.
Feathers, needless to say, will be ruffled.
Here then are the ten most (safe for work) shocking, graphic and controversial images from the new Bowie video. Need more context? You can watch the entire video here.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Cameron Diaz & Benji Madden Enjoy Romantic Seaside Getaway in Italy - See the Pics!
- Obsessed with Beyonce's 'Crazy in Love' From 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer? Boots Explains Reworking the Song with Bey!
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson & Irina Shayk Crush Into Hollywood with 'Hercules' Premiere!
- Game of Thrones' Kit Harington & Rose Leslie Keep Close at LAX