How 50 Cent Made $177K in 9 Minutes (Video)
The rapper returns to home shopping channel QVC with his STREET line of headphones and sees another big pay day.
When former drug dealer-turned-rapper Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson named his debut album Get Rich or Die Tryin', one can't imagine he was talking about playing salesman on QVC.
But that's exactly what the hip-hop star did this past weekend, pocketing some $177,000 in nine minutes hawking his own SMS Audio over-the-ear wired headphones, STREET by 50, on the home shopping channel.
The advertised price of five "easy payments" of $49.99 prompted the headphones, 50's answer to Beats By Dr. Dre in limited purple, pink and red editions, to sell out almost immediately.
It wasn't 50's first time on the shopping channel, either, as evidenced by his jovial, you could even say flirtatious banter with QVC's female on-air hosts. Among the advice he offered: how he likes his women to smell. In June, 50 was featured on the channel with late-night host Jimmy Fallon, who was selling his own comedy album.
Following this appearance, 50 tweeted, "I just made 177,000 dollars in 9min on QVC ... Can someone hate on me so I can know this is real life."
Watch a snippet of his QVC segment below:
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- "Nurse Jackie" Is At Its Most Dramatic This Season
- Non-Newtonian Fluids Rock Out As Stars Of Jack White's New Music Video
- Dave Attell's 'Road Work' & 'Comedy Underground' Bring His Raw, Unfiltered Style Back To TV
- James Cameron: The Scripts For All Three 'Avatar' Sequels Are Almost Done, Plus More Reddit AMA Highlights