How 50 Cent Made $177K in 9 Minutes (Video)
The rapper returns to home shopping channel QVC with his STREET line of headphones and sees another big pay day.
When former drug dealer-turned-rapper Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson named his debut album Get Rich or Die Tryin', one can't imagine he was talking about playing salesman on QVC.
But that's exactly what the hip-hop star did this past weekend, pocketing some $177,000 in nine minutes hawking his own SMS Audio over-the-ear wired headphones, STREET by 50, on the home shopping channel.
The advertised price of five "easy payments" of $49.99 prompted the headphones, 50's answer to Beats By Dr. Dre in limited purple, pink and red editions, to sell out almost immediately.
It wasn't 50's first time on the shopping channel, either, as evidenced by his jovial, you could even say flirtatious banter with QVC's female on-air hosts. Among the advice he offered: how he likes his women to smell. In June, 50 was featured on the channel with late-night host Jimmy Fallon, who was selling his own comedy album.
Following this appearance, 50 tweeted, "I just made 177,000 dollars in 9min on QVC ... Can someone hate on me so I can know this is real life."
Watch a snippet of his QVC segment below:
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Free Yourselves From the Shackles of Spoilers! Life Is Too Short.
- I Want Rom-Com TV to Flourish, But ABC’s Manhattan Love Story Is Not Helping at All
- Watch the Trailer for Taken 3, Which Is Actually Called Tak3n
- The Creators of Family Guy Must Have a Major Inferiority Complex When It Comes to The Simpsons
- Tracy Morgan Responds to Walmart: I Can't Believe They Are Blaming Me For the Accident
- Justin Bieber Grabs Dinner with Kendall Jenner in Paris
- Aretha Franklin Sings 'Rolling in the Deep' Live & Totally Kills It - Watch Now!
- Channing Tatum & His Huge Muscles Continue Filming 'Magic Mike XXL' - See the New Photos!