Abercrombie & Fitch Yanks Taylor Swift T-Shirt
After the singer's fans complained the garment was insulting, the retailer says it's no longer available.
Abercrombie & Fitch is no longer selling a T-shirt mocking Taylor Swift's relationships after it led to a backlash from the singer's fans.
The retailer, which recently came under fire for not selling plus-size clothing, swiftly found itself in another controversy after it started selling a t-shirt that read "# more boyfriends than t.s.," a reference to Taylor Swift. (SEE THE SHIRT HERE)
After spotting the shirt, the singer's fans lashed out at the retailer for what they thought was an insulting garment.
Fans created a petition on Change.org asking Abercrombie to remove the shirt and one self-described "huge Swiftie," posted a YouTube video in which she urged fans to call Abercrombie public relations to complain.
Calls to the retailer's corporate PR now get the following greeting: "Thank you for calling Abercrombie & Fitch public relations. If you are calling regarding the Taylor Swift T-shirt, please note that this is no longer available."
Perhaps they got a lot of calls about that.
A spokesman for Abercrombie & Fitch told Buzzfeed that the shirt, which came out in February, is no longer available.
The retailer also posted the following message to its Twitter account in an apparent attempt to make peace with Swift's fans:
Hey #swifties we no longer sell the tshirt. We <3 Taylor's music and think she's awesome!
— Abercrombie & Fitch (@Abercrombie) June 19, 2013
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer: All Kinds of Hotness (VIDEO)
- Best of Late Night TV: Audra McDonald Sings Yahoo! Answers, Robin Wright Dances, Conan's 'Sharktopus vs. Pteracuda' Cameo
- John Boyega is 'Aiming' for a Marvel Movie Role
- Dan Aykroyd Assures Us That 'Ghostbusters 3' Will Start Filming Next Spring (VIDEO)
- Selena Gomez Stuns in Two Totally Different Looks at Leonardo DiCaprio's Foundation Gala
- Leonardo DiCaprio Brings Girlfriend Toni Garrn to His Foundation Gala, Raises $25 Million to Protect the Earth!
- Mariah Carey Supports Pal Brett Ratner at 'Hercules' Premiere!
- Gerard Butler Shows Off Chest Hair Touching Down at LAX!