Adam Levine to Be Named People's Sexiest Man Alive
UPDATED: "The Voice" judge and Maroon 5 lead singer recently got engaged to Victoria's Secret model Behati Prinsloo.
Adam Levine is set to be named People's Sexiest Man Alive, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The Voice judge and Maroon 5 lead singer will be revealed as the magazine's choice next week.
He was asked about the rumors on Friday's Today show but seemed reluctant to say anything and squirmed as he was being questioned. After initially telling host Savannah Guthrie he didn't believe her, he remarked, "It would be an interesting idea … I know nothing."
Levine, who recently got engaged to Victoria's Secret model Behati Prinsloo, has been in the "Sexiest Man Alive" issue before but never as the top choice.
The singer follows recent "Sexiest Man" honorees Channing Tatum, Bradley Cooper and Ryan Reynolds.
In addition to his music career, Levine has branched out into acting, with roles in American Horror Story and Can a Song Save Your Life? He's also launched fashion and fragrance lines. Last May, he inked a one-year first-look development deal with NBC, and the network subsequently picked up a script for a semi-autobiographical comedy based on his friendship with writer-producer Gene Hong (Community), whom he roomed with before either found success.
Gossip Cop was first to report that Levine would be People's choice.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- Hippie Blues: 45 Years of Led Zeppelin
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- Ira Sachs' New Film "Love is Strange" Screens at the Deauville American Film Festival: Alfred Molina and John Lithgow as a Married Couple in Love
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'