Adam Levine to Be Named People's Sexiest Man Alive
UPDATED: "The Voice" judge and Maroon 5 lead singer recently got engaged to Victoria's Secret model Behati Prinsloo.
Adam Levine is set to be named People's Sexiest Man Alive, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The Voice judge and Maroon 5 lead singer will be revealed as the magazine's choice next week.
He was asked about the rumors on Friday's Today show but seemed reluctant to say anything and squirmed as he was being questioned. After initially telling host Savannah Guthrie he didn't believe her, he remarked, "It would be an interesting idea … I know nothing."
Levine, who recently got engaged to Victoria's Secret model Behati Prinsloo, has been in the "Sexiest Man Alive" issue before but never as the top choice.
The singer follows recent "Sexiest Man" honorees Channing Tatum, Bradley Cooper and Ryan Reynolds.
In addition to his music career, Levine has branched out into acting, with roles in American Horror Story and Can a Song Save Your Life? He's also launched fashion and fragrance lines. Last May, he inked a one-year first-look development deal with NBC, and the network subsequently picked up a script for a semi-autobiographical comedy based on his friendship with writer-producer Gene Hong (Community), whom he roomed with before either found success.
Gossip Cop was first to report that Levine would be People's choice.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch