BRIT Awards: Adele Gives Producers the Finger After Being Cut Off (Video)
While accepting the honor of Album of the Year, the singer was interrupted during a patriotic speech and escorted offstage.
Adele took home two statues at the annual BRIT Awards on Tuesday and while accepting final award of the evening, the singer gave fans (and producers) more than they bargained for.
The British beauty's acceptance speech for Album of The Year had hardly begun before she was cut off mid-sentence, while boasting about her native country. Just before Adele was escorted offstage, she abruptly flipped the bird to the audience and television cameras. Backstage, the chanteuse told reporters that the finger was “aimed at the suits at the BRIT Awards, not my fans."
In an effort accomodate for the time constraints of a live broadcast, Adele was rushed offstage by host James Corden, allowing Blur to take the stage. “Goodbye, and I’ll see you next time ‘round, yeah?” Adele responded. Watch the video below.
With her trademark sassiness in tact, Adele also received the award for British Female Solo Artist. Maybe next time they will think twice before trying to pull this award winner offstage again.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- 'Wish I Was Here' Star Ashley Greene Wants You to Check Out These 5 TV Shows & Movies
- Best of Late Night TV: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Cast Takes Over Kimmel, Kate Hudson Plays Box of Lies (VIDEO)
- This 'You've Got To Be Kidding Me' Supercut Is One For The Ages
- Katie Holmes Behind the Camera in 'In Short'