Adele, 'Skyfall' Singer: Grammy-Winner Confirms Her 007 Role (Photo)
The Grammy-winning singer posted a photo of sheet music from the film, a not-so-cryptic hint that she's the voice of the franchise this time around.
Adele's early Monday tweet hinted at two possibilities: One, she's singing the Skyfall theme. Or two, she stole someone's sheet music.
A press release soon revealed that it was -- surprise! -- the former.
Long-rumored to be lending her golden pipes to the golden anniversary Bond film -- she first slipped a hint at it during an April 2011 interview, and has been sighted around the Abbey Road studio where it's being recorded -- the 21 singer and queen of break-up rage offered up a picture of her fingers dancing upon the cover of sheet music "inspired" by the 22nd Bond film.
Now that she's officially got the gig, she joins legends such as Paul McCartney, Tina Turner, Carly Simon and Madonna in singing the martini-swilling secret agent's anthem. Could it mean that Bond will be nursing a broken heart in this film?
Probably not. He went through that last time.
The single is available on iTunes for pre-order, and will be out October 7.
— Adele (@OfficialAdele) October 1, 2012
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- Best of Late Night TV: How Key & Peele Met, Sex Expert's Tips, Julianna Margulies' Musical Announcements (VIDEO)
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- Kristen Bell Puts Pregnancy Style on Display for Samsung Ad!
- Kat Graham Speaks at 'Vampire Diaries' Vegas Convention Before Season Six Premiere Photos Released
- Emmy Rossum's Younger Co-Star Doesn't Know What a Beeper is!
- Kate Beckinsale Jets Out of LAX Looking Amazing After 'Underworld' Franchise Announcement