Adele, 'Skyfall' Singer: Grammy-Winner Confirms Her 007 Role (Photo)
The Grammy-winning singer posted a photo of sheet music from the film, a not-so-cryptic hint that she's the voice of the franchise this time around.
Adele's early Monday tweet hinted at two possibilities: One, she's singing the Skyfall theme. Or two, she stole someone's sheet music.
A press release soon revealed that it was -- surprise! -- the former.
Long-rumored to be lending her golden pipes to the golden anniversary Bond film -- she first slipped a hint at it during an April 2011 interview, and has been sighted around the Abbey Road studio where it's being recorded -- the 21 singer and queen of break-up rage offered up a picture of her fingers dancing upon the cover of sheet music "inspired" by the 22nd Bond film.
Now that she's officially got the gig, she joins legends such as Paul McCartney, Tina Turner, Carly Simon and Madonna in singing the martini-swilling secret agent's anthem. Could it mean that Bond will be nursing a broken heart in this film?
Probably not. He went through that last time.
The single is available on iTunes for pre-order, and will be out October 7.
— Adele (@OfficialAdele) October 1, 2012
Fall TV Preview
What's Hot In Music
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014