Afrojack to Reveal Art and Clips From Debut Album on Snapchat
The Dutch DJ announced that his debut album "Forget the World" -- out in May -- will feature collaborations with Wiz Khalifa and Sting, among others.
After spending the past year releasing a series of singles, Afrojack will release his debut album, Forget the World, on May 19. The Dutch producer's first LP will feature collaborations with Wiz Khalifa and Sting, among others.
In March 2013, Afrojack signed a worldwide deal with Island Records and Universal Music Group, and released the single "As Your Friend," featuring Chris Brown, on his own Wall Recordings and Island Records. Since then, the 26-year-old DJ released singles "The Spark," featuring Spree Wilson, and "Ten Feet Tall," featuring Wrabel.
"With this album, I wanted it to be real and completely honest and musical," Afrojack tells Rolling Stone, which revealed the album title and release date. "I didn't want to make it a festival banger. I made club tracks, dance hits, and dance floor smashers and stuff like that -- it's like doing the same tricks a couple of times over again, in different ways, but it's still always a dance floor trick. Basically on this album, I wanted to do me. 'Where's the big build up?' and yada yada -- of course I'm going to remix it and perform at festivals, and I'm also a party guy so you have some party tracks here and there. But the basic essence of this album is showing the musical side of me. It's music in its more honest form -- no tricks, just lay the songs out there."
Khalifa appears on the song "Too Wild," a track that Afrojack describes as "really special, completely different than anything that's in the market right now." Sting, meanwhile, guests on a track titled "Catch Tomorrow."
Rolling Stone also notes that Afrojack will reveal the album's artwork to his Snapchat account's followers on March 14. The Snapchat followers will also receive 10-second music clips from the new album every day, leading up to Afrojack's performance at Ultra Music Festival later this month.
Afrojack's breakout moment came in 2011, when he was featured on the Pitbull smash "Give Me Everything" alongside Ne-Yo and Nayer; the single hit No. 1 on the Hot 100 chart and has sold 4.8 million downloads to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The producer released latest EP It's a Matter Of … last June.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores
- 'Sharknado 3' to Ravage the 'Feast Coast' Next Summer
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!
- Kaley Cuoco Wraps Up Ryan Sweeting at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration