Al Green Turned Down Inaugural Ball Invitation
The singer says he'd be "honored" to perform for President Obama at a later date.
Al Green passed up the opportunity to get together with President Obama.
A representative for the singer told the Associated Press that Green was invited to sing at the inaugural ball earlier this week, but scheduling conflicts prevented him from attending. Instead, Jennifer Hudson serenaded the POTUS and first lady with Green's "Let's Stay Together" on Monday.
Last year, President Obama famously sang a snippet of the song during a campaign event that Green attended.
Though it is not yet clear what scheduling conflict prevented Green from attending the event, the artist said that he would be honored to perform for the president at a future date.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- 9 Things You Didn't Know About Auntie Anne's Pretzels
- ReThink Review: Dear White People - Lessons for Republicans and the "Post-Racial" Generation
- Chats with Earth, Wind & Fire's Philip Bailey, Dave Koz, Eric Johnson and Kiki Ebsen, Plus a Katherine Jenkins' Exclusive
- Donald Trump Rips 'Reckless' NYC Ebola Doctor, Demands Obama Resign
- Best of Late Night TV: Taylor Swift's New Album and Neil Patrick Harris' Nude Scene (VIDEO)
- Hear Meryl Streep & Anna Kendrick Sing in New 'Into the Woods' Featurette (VIDEO)
- Courtney Love Books Another TV Gig, Will Recur on 'Empire'
- Sorry, 'Twilight' Fans: Kristen Stewart Is Taking a Break From Acting