Alexa Ray Joel Covers Dad Billy Joel's 'Just the Way You Are' in Gap Ad (Video)
The 27-year-old only child of the iconic singer and model Christie Brinkley is featured in the retailer's #BacktoBlue campaign.
Helping the Gap sing the blues in its latest ad campaign is Alexa Ray Joel, daughter of Billy Joel, who has reinterpreted her father's classic love song "Just the Way You Are" for the clothing retailer's new commercial.
The 32-second clip, which was posted on YouTube on Friday, Sept. 13, features the 27-year-old singer, Joel's only child and whose mother is supermodel Christie Brinkley, playing a plaintive version of the 1977 tune, which was her father's first Top 10 hit in the U.S.
In the ad, directed by veteran music photographer Danny Clinch, she wears denim in line with the #BacktoBlue campaign.
No stranger to fashion herself, the junior Joel has performed on "Fashion's Night Out" and is known to frequent New York Fashion Week events. She and her father have also teamed up onstage for benefit concerts and fundraisers.
"Just the Way You Are," originally from the Billy Joel album Strangers, spent 27 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 following its release 36 years ago. As reported previously by THR, the iconic singer is currently working on a long-anticipated autobiography.
Another famous father is recognized in the campaign as Dhani Harrison performs “For You Blue,” a song written by his father, George Harrison, and released on The Beatles’ Let it Be album in 1970.
Both full tracks are available on iTunes.
Watch Harrison's clip here and Joel's Gap ad below:
Fall TV Preview
What's Hot In Music
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding