Alicia Keys 'Incredibly Excited' to Perform at Super Bowl: 'It's My First Time Really Doing That'
The singer stops by THR's Sundance video lounge as she promotes her new film, "The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete."
"It's gonna be a good 2013," says Alicia Keys, seated within The Hollywood Reporter's Sundance video lounge on Jan. 18.
The Grammy Award-winning singer is referring to her turn as executive producer and composer on the new indie The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete as well as her just announced gig singing the National Anthem at this year's Super Bowl.
"I'm very excited to perform at the Super Bowl," she tells THR. "It's really gonna set the game off. I feel really excited about doing that, and it's my first time really doing that."
Keys joins a previously announced lineup that includes a Destiny's Child reunion during the game's halftime show. Past National Anthem performers have included Kelly Clarkson, Billy Joel, Diana Ross and Whitney Houston.
Keys' Mister and Pete premiered at the Sundance Film Festival on Jan. 17. The film is directed by George Tillman Jr. and stars Anthony Mackie, Jennifer Hudson and Jordin Sparks.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues