Alicia Keys 'Incredibly Excited' to Perform at Super Bowl: 'It's My First Time Really Doing That'
The singer stops by THR's Sundance video lounge as she promotes her new film, "The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete."
"It's gonna be a good 2013," says Alicia Keys, seated within The Hollywood Reporter's Sundance video lounge on Jan. 18.
The Grammy Award-winning singer is referring to her turn as executive producer and composer on the new indie The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete as well as her just announced gig singing the National Anthem at this year's Super Bowl.
"I'm very excited to perform at the Super Bowl," she tells THR. "It's really gonna set the game off. I feel really excited about doing that, and it's my first time really doing that."
Keys joins a previously announced lineup that includes a Destiny's Child reunion during the game's halftime show. Past National Anthem performers have included Kelly Clarkson, Billy Joel, Diana Ross and Whitney Houston.
Keys' Mister and Pete premiered at the Sundance Film Festival on Jan. 17. The film is directed by George Tillman Jr. and stars Anthony Mackie, Jennifer Hudson and Jordin Sparks.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum