Alicia Keys 'Incredibly Excited' to Perform at Super Bowl: 'It's My First Time Really Doing That'
The singer stops by THR's Sundance video lounge as she promotes her new film, "The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete."
"It's gonna be a good 2013," says Alicia Keys, seated within The Hollywood Reporter's Sundance video lounge on Jan. 18.
The Grammy Award-winning singer is referring to her turn as executive producer and composer on the new indie The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete as well as her just announced gig singing the National Anthem at this year's Super Bowl.
"I'm very excited to perform at the Super Bowl," she tells THR. "It's really gonna set the game off. I feel really excited about doing that, and it's my first time really doing that."
Keys joins a previously announced lineup that includes a Destiny's Child reunion during the game's halftime show. Past National Anthem performers have included Kelly Clarkson, Billy Joel, Diana Ross and Whitney Houston.
Keys' Mister and Pete premiered at the Sundance Film Festival on Jan. 17. The film is directed by George Tillman Jr. and stars Anthony Mackie, Jennifer Hudson and Jordin Sparks.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
What's Hot In Music
- 'The Theory of Everything' Shines a Light on Stephen Hawking's Love Life
- Robert Rodriguez's Inspiring Speech Will Make You Proud To Be American
- Victoria Justice On Dealing With Cyberbullying, Fashion Inspiration And Her Advice To Teens
- James Franco's New Film 'Kink' Explores BDSM Community, Lifestyle
- Lena Dunham Felt So Much Joy Watching Andrew Rannells in 'Hedwig & the Angry Inch'
- Chris Martin Wears Fat Suit in Coldplay's 'True Love' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Swings By Kari Feinstein's Style Lounge Ahead of Emmys 2014
- New 'Gotham' Trailer Gives Viewers a Grim & Exciting View of What's to Come!