Alicia Keys 'Incredibly Excited' to Perform at Super Bowl: 'It's My First Time Really Doing That'
The singer stops by THR's Sundance video lounge as she promotes her new film, "The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete."
"It's gonna be a good 2013," says Alicia Keys, seated within The Hollywood Reporter's Sundance video lounge on Jan. 18.
The Grammy Award-winning singer is referring to her turn as executive producer and composer on the new indie The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete as well as her just announced gig singing the National Anthem at this year's Super Bowl.
"I'm very excited to perform at the Super Bowl," she tells THR. "It's really gonna set the game off. I feel really excited about doing that, and it's my first time really doing that."
Keys joins a previously announced lineup that includes a Destiny's Child reunion during the game's halftime show. Past National Anthem performers have included Kelly Clarkson, Billy Joel, Diana Ross and Whitney Houston.
Keys' Mister and Pete premiered at the Sundance Film Festival on Jan. 17. The film is directed by George Tillman Jr. and stars Anthony Mackie, Jennifer Hudson and Jordin Sparks.
What's Hot In Music
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star Dave Bautista Is a Hulking and Humble Drax the Destroyer
- Gary Oldman Facts: 27 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About the British Actor
- Dana Carvey's Wheel of Impressions and Michael Douglas's 'Ant-Man' Talk Lead Our Late Night Roundup (VIDEO)
- 'Boyhood' Director Richard Linklater Never Doubted His Ambitious, 12-Year Production
- LeBron James Announces He's Re-Joining the Cleveland Cavaliers
- Harry Potter's Fenrir Greyback Found Dead After Hiking in Death Valley
- Zac Efron & Michelle Rodriguez Have a Healthy Influence on Each Other & Are Very Cute, Says Pal Gianluca Vacchi
- Behind the Tiara with Bravo’s 'Game of Crowns' – Get the Exclusive Interview!