'American Idol' Finalist Phillip Phillips Requires Emergency Surgery: Doctors
The Georgia native refused treatment when he returned home last weekend.
American Idol finalist Phillip Phillips, who has suffered from ongoing kidney problems throughout the competition, has been ordered by doctors to undergo "immediate" surgery.
The singer refused treatment when he returned to his hometown of Leesburg, Ga., last weekend in order to adhere to the show's rigorous shooting schedule. And sources inside the production tell The Hollywood Reporter that Phillips has been experiencing pain "so severe" that he's been granted permission to sit out the weekly high-concept (and physically exhausting) Ford video shoots for several weeks now.
"I've been sick, so they gave me those days to rest," Phillips told THR when asked about his absence. The network has no comment on Phillips' health status.
Phillips received emergency medical treatment in March for extreme abdominal pain but made it back in time for the Top 13 results show. He's a favorite to take the title when the winner is announced May 23 on Fox.
Fall TV Preview
What's Hot In Music
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014