'American Idol' Finalist Phillip Phillips Requires Emergency Surgery: Doctors
The Georgia native refused treatment when he returned home last weekend.
American Idol finalist Phillip Phillips, who has suffered from ongoing kidney problems throughout the competition, has been ordered by doctors to undergo "immediate" surgery.
The singer refused treatment when he returned to his hometown of Leesburg, Ga., last weekend in order to adhere to the show's rigorous shooting schedule. And sources inside the production tell The Hollywood Reporter that Phillips has been experiencing pain "so severe" that he's been granted permission to sit out the weekly high-concept (and physically exhausting) Ford video shoots for several weeks now.
"I've been sick, so they gave me those days to rest," Phillips told THR when asked about his absence. The network has no comment on Phillips' health status.
Phillips received emergency medical treatment in March for extreme abdominal pain but made it back in time for the Top 13 results show. He's a favorite to take the title when the winner is announced May 23 on Fox.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Bart Simpson Gets A Fake ID On An 'American Dad' That Channels 'Breaking Bad'
- Aron Ralston Arrested: Amputee Hiker Depicted In '127 Hours' Movie Charged With Assault
- 'Revenge': Victoria's RSVP Throws A Huge Wrench In Emily's Plans (VIDEO)
- 'Bonnie & Clyde' Mini-Series Premiere Puts Bonnie In Charge Of Duo's Crime Spree (VIDEO)
- Weekend Box Office: 'Frozen' Ices Out 'Catching Fire' With $31.6M in Second Week
- Another Very NSFW 'Nymphomaniac' Clip: Jamie Bell Is in the Giving Spirit (VIDEO)
- 'In Secret' Trailer: Oscar Isaac and Elizabeth Olsen Are Killer Lovers (VIDEO)
- 'Star Wars' Fans, Start Saving: Han Solo Gun to Go Up for Auction