AMAs: Top 5 TiVo Moments (Video)
THR highlights the most-recorded moments of the performance-packed American Music Awards on Sunday night.
Sunday night's American Music Awards was packed with so many performances, it felt more like a concert than an awards show. Nevertheless, according to TiVo, the top five recorded moments of the night weren't all song and dance, and included a couple acceptance speeches from one particular artist.
The Hollywood Reporter counts down the top TiVo moments of the evening:
1. 8:46pm – Pitbull performs “Timber” duet with Ke$ha.
When the host put his master of ceremony duties on hold to take the stage with Ke$ha, he took the top spot for TiVo moments of the evening. Watch their performance of the new dance track below:
2. 10:57pm – Taylor Swift wins artist of the year for the third time.
The "I Knew You Were Trouble" singer took home the night's top award, just after Miley Cyrus' kitten-filled "Wrecking Ball" performance. She beat out Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, Bruno Mars and holds the record for the most wins in the category. Watch the final award announcement below:
3. 8:56pm – Imagine Dragons wins favorite artist, alternative Rock.
"We've been a band for five years ... I feel very nervous, this is not a world we're used to," said frontman Dan Reynolds upon being starstruck by presenters Joan Jett and Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl. The group also performed their hits "Demons" and "Radioactive" during the awards show. Watch the percussion-filled performance here:
4. 10:27pm – Lady Gaga and R Kelly's presidential performance of "Do What U Want."
The elaborate performance staged the two musicians as a salacious secretary and a U.S. President in a faux Oval Office. Gaga closed the song with a fiery rendition of the chorus, as a childhood video and harsh headlines like "Lady Gaga Is Fat" and "Lady Gaga Is Over" flashed behind her. Watch the performance below:
5. 8:37pm – Taylor Swift wins the first of four AMA awards for favorite album, country.
Swift received the country honor for the third time, over Luke Bryan and Florida Georgia Line. Her winning album Red has sold over six million copies. Watch her acceptance speech here:
ABC's airing of the American Music Awards surged from its 2012 outing. The three-hour kudos jumped 32 percent for a 4.5 rating among adults 18-49 and 36 percent to 12.9 million viewers. The show had a lead-in from America's Funniest Home Videos (1.5 adults), up a tenth from last week, giving ABC an average 3.7 adults rating and 11.4 million viewers for its primetime block.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Weird Al Conquers Billboard Charts After Conquering the Internet
- Dear White People Trailer Nails Everything From Hair Touching to Taylor Swift
- It’s Sansa vs. Sansa in the Trailer for Sophie Turner’s New Movie
- The Real Housewives of New York City Finale Had One Amazing Moment Involving a Prosthetic Leg
- This Exclusive 'Wish I Was Here' Preview Is Full of Swearing (VIDEO)
- Best of Late Night TV: John Stamos' New 'Manny' Service, Dwayne Johnson's Thigh Workout, Ricky Gervais' Marriage Apathy (VIDEO)
- Don't Rule Out a 'Sons of Anarchy' Prequel
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay Are Making Your 'Manimal' Movie Dreams Come True