America's NUVO Sweethearts: Rodney Jerkins and Joy Enriquez on Home, Heart and Hits (Video)
The "House of Joy" stars make music, babies and TV together -- not necessarily in that order.
Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins has worked with some of the biggest singers the music industry has ever seen -- among them: Whitney Houston, Beyonce, Mary J. Blige and Mariah Carey -- but these days, the veteran producer is keeping his projects closer to home.
Or shall we say inside his house -- that's where House of Joy, the new NUVOtv reality show (Tuesdays, 10 p.m.) starring Grammy winner Jerkins, his wife Joy Enriquez, their three kids and a multitude of family members who always seem to be around. It's a modern-day, multilingual, multicultural home life that's centered around music: namely, Enriquez's, who put a promising singing career on hold to become a mother.
Not that she's complaining -- all the time. Rather, what she sacrificed in delaying her musical endeavors she gained in a husband. Jerkins, who was hired to make "a hit" for Enriquez by L.A. Reid, then head honcho at LaFace Records, now the chairman of Epic Records.
Taking center stage on House of Joy is how the endearing couple manage to balance family and work in the crazy world that is the entertainment industry. Indeed, the music never stops as each episode premieres an original song from Enriquez available for purchase on iTunes at the end of the show.
Jerkins and Enriquez recently sat down with The Hollywood Reporter to talk about mixing business and family, how the show came to be and Jennifer Lopez's involvement as part-owner of the Spanish television network. Watch the interview above.
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Julianne Hough Snaps Selfies With Former DWTS Partner Helio Castroneves
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!