Andrew W.K. is New Spokesman for Playtex
The "Party Hard" rocker, whom the State Department deemed "not appropriate" to represent the U.S. on a goodwill trip to Bahrain, is now shilling "Fresh + Sexy" wipes.
Playtex, the feminine products brand, is expanding into the niche pre- and post-sex "intimate wipe" business with a new line called "Fresh + Sexy" that's designed for use by both genders before and after coitus. The kicker: Andrew W.K., the 33-year-old hard-rock party king, is the new line's spokesman.
"Whether you just finished rocking a packed club or have an intimate encounter after a busy day, this product will make couples feel brand new," W.K. wrote in a statement released Wednesday. "Fresh + Sexy Wipes were specially designed to help couples feel confidently clean, before and after they engage in sexual activity!"
It seems an odd fit for an artist best known for wearing the same white jeans-and-T-shirt combination for the better part of a decade, but considering the title of his 2001 debut album, I Get Wet, perhaps it's not such a stretch. Still, Playtex's statement comes as a bit of a laugh: "This exciting new product required the help of someone who could embody the brand’s playful yet bold campaign," said the company. "Someone who could party hard but still be clean when it counted."
With the tagline, "Clean Where It Counts," Fresh + Sexy Wipes were designed to "address an important consumer need" -- "to help couples feel confidently clean every time they engage in sexual activity."
Apparently, he who is too unorthodox for the U.S. State Department is plenty good for Playtex and, presumably, college students.
What's Hot In Music
- Do I Really Need to Watch Empire? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- The New Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Finally Shows Paul Bettany’s Vision
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Recap: Trippin’ in Amsterdam
- Self/less Trailer: Imagine You Looked Like Ben Kingsley But Then Got to Look Like Ryan Reynolds
- Here's a Sneak Peek at the Wedding in 'The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' (EXCLUSIVE)
- New 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer Features a Lot More Superhero Action
- 'Guardians,' 'Fault in Our Stars,' 'Neighbors' Dominate MTV Movie Award Noms
- See What Happens When 'When Wes Anderson Meets 'X-Men' (VIDEO)
- Daniel von Bargen Dead - 'Seinfeld' Actor Dies at 64 From Undisclosed Illness
- Courteney Cox Calls Ed Sheeran 'Amazing' For BRIT Awards 2015 Performance
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Final Trailer Released - Watch Now!
- Scott Eastwood Goes Shirtless, Spoofs the 'Bachelor' in 'Bachelor for Dogs' Video - Watch Now!