Arcade Fire Headlining Glastonbury 2014
Rumors are swirling that the band could also be headlining Coachella in 2014.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Arcade Fire is returning to Glastonbury, this time as a headliner.
The band confirmed Thursday (Dec. 19) that it will headline the British musical festival when it returns next June, Consequence of Sound reports. The Canadian rockers previously played the fest in 2007.
Arcade Fire joins Lily Allen as artists who have confirmed they will be playing the festival, with more sure to come in the following months. The headliners in 2013 included Arctic Monkeys, The Rolling Stones and Mumford & Sons.
Rumors are swirling that the band could also be headlining Coachella in 2014, though nothing has been confirmed.
Currently, Glastonbury marks the largest show for Arcade Fire in support of its new album, Reflektor. The album hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 upon its October release.
Glastonbury 2014 will be held June 25-29.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Jon Stewart Gives 'Schoolhouse Rock' A Modern Makeover On 'The Daily Show'
- Jimmy Kimmel Named 'Most Dangerous Celebrity' To Search For Online
- Theater: "You Can't" Can't But James Earl Jones Surely Can
- "Cruisin'" with Jesse J & Smokey Robinson, Plus Chatting with Kandace Springs, Steve Arrington and AJ Croce
- Miles Teller Says the 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Is 'Different in Every Way' From Original
- 11 Essential 'Gilmore Girls' Episodes You Should Definitely Watch On Netflix (VIDEO)
- 'Tetris' Will Become a Movie for Some Reason
- Mindy Kaling Dancing with Elmo on 'Sesame Street' Is the Cutest Thing You'll Watch Today (VIDEO)