Arcade Fire Headlining Glastonbury 2014
Rumors are swirling that the band could also be headlining Coachella in 2014.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Arcade Fire is returning to Glastonbury, this time as a headliner.
The band confirmed Thursday (Dec. 19) that it will headline the British musical festival when it returns next June, Consequence of Sound reports. The Canadian rockers previously played the fest in 2007.
Arcade Fire joins Lily Allen as artists who have confirmed they will be playing the festival, with more sure to come in the following months. The headliners in 2013 included Arctic Monkeys, The Rolling Stones and Mumford & Sons.
Rumors are swirling that the band could also be headlining Coachella in 2014, though nothing has been confirmed.
Currently, Glastonbury marks the largest show for Arcade Fire in support of its new album, Reflektor. The album hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 upon its October release.
Glastonbury 2014 will be held June 25-29.
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!
- Britney Spears Details 'Sh-tty' Day in Video After Her Breakup