Arcade Fire Headlining Glastonbury 2014
Rumors are swirling that the band could also be headlining Coachella in 2014.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Arcade Fire is returning to Glastonbury, this time as a headliner.
The band confirmed Thursday (Dec. 19) that it will headline the British musical festival when it returns next June, Consequence of Sound reports. The Canadian rockers previously played the fest in 2007.
Arcade Fire joins Lily Allen as artists who have confirmed they will be playing the festival, with more sure to come in the following months. The headliners in 2013 included Arctic Monkeys, The Rolling Stones and Mumford & Sons.
Rumors are swirling that the band could also be headlining Coachella in 2014, though nothing has been confirmed.
Currently, Glastonbury marks the largest show for Arcade Fire in support of its new album, Reflektor. The album hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 upon its October release.
Glastonbury 2014 will be held June 25-29.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Best of Late Night TV: Taylor Swift's New Album and Neil Patrick Harris' Nude Scene (VIDEO)
- Hear Meryl Streep & Anna Kendrick Sing in New 'Into the Woods' Featurette (VIDEO)
- Courtney Love Books Another TV Gig, Will Recur on 'Empire'
- Sorry, 'Twilight' Fans: Kristen Stewart Is Taking a Break From Acting
- Demi Moore & Kourtney Kardashian Step Out for Photographer Brian Bowen Smith's Wildlife Show
- Matthew Broderick Reunites with Broadway's Kelli O'Hara at Seth Rudetsky's Book Launch
- Emma Stone Found Inspiration From Natasha Richardson for 'Cabaret'
- Gwen Stefani & Gavin Rossdale Are a Hot 'City of Hope' Couple