Arcade Fire Headlining Glastonbury 2014
Rumors are swirling that the band could also be headlining Coachella in 2014.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Arcade Fire is returning to Glastonbury, this time as a headliner.
The band confirmed Thursday (Dec. 19) that it will headline the British musical festival when it returns next June, Consequence of Sound reports. The Canadian rockers previously played the fest in 2007.
Arcade Fire joins Lily Allen as artists who have confirmed they will be playing the festival, with more sure to come in the following months. The headliners in 2013 included Arctic Monkeys, The Rolling Stones and Mumford & Sons.
Rumors are swirling that the band could also be headlining Coachella in 2014, though nothing has been confirmed.
Currently, Glastonbury marks the largest show for Arcade Fire in support of its new album, Reflektor. The album hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 upon its October release.
Glastonbury 2014 will be held June 25-29.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park