Arcade Fire's Win Butler Spins, Lorde Parties at KROQ Concert Aftershow Bash
Following a bombastic bow at the Almost Acoustic Christmas show, the Arcade Fire frontman hosted musician friends at Hollywood speakeasy Dirty Laundry.
Following a bombastic performance at Sunday night's KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas show at Los Angeles' Shrine, enigmatic Arcade Fire leader Win Butler found himself in a deep, dark basement -- the Hollywood speakeasy Dirty Laundry, where he DJ'd an afterparty for a smattering of lucky invitees and industry attendees.
Taking over for -- and then collaborating with -- an in-house DJ, Butler blasted through unlikely pop hits ("Pump Up The Jams," anyone?) as well as Haitian-dance jams, which were abetted by live drumming from one of the band's touring percussionists, who brought a hand drum he shared with the ebullient, sweaty, small crowd.
Butler wasn't the only performer in attendance: Noel Scaggs from funk-rockers Fitz and the Tantrums took court in the venue's intimate back room, greeting well wishers and taking photos with them. Phoenix's Thomas Mars was spotted in the room with Lorde, whose performance at the concert was easily the most-anticipated of the night.
She crushed it at the show, and though the New Zealander is famously underage, having just turned 17, there was nothing salacious that we saw at the afterparty -- just Lorde in a corner with some equally young-looking friends clearly enjoying themselves.
The aftershow bash was still going strong at 2 a.m. -- past last call for Los Angeles, but clearly not for the lithe model-types who were still breaking it down, with buckets of Red Bull out to keep them shaking all night.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores
- 'Sharknado 3' to Ravage the 'Feast Coast' Next Summer
- Kaley Cuoco Wraps Up Ryan Sweeting at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration
- Kerry Washington Brings 'Scandal' to Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration
- Sarah Paulson & Renee Zellweger Hang Out at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration
- Jennifer Lawrence Rocks Oscar de la Renta Dress at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration