Are The Rolling Stones Playing Coachella?
If a tour update accidentally posted to the band's mobile site is to be believed, the rockers have a date in Indio, Calif. on April 12.
Readers of music blogs and savvy social media navigators may have caught wind of one of the biggest bookings of 2013.
If an accidentally posted tour update is to be believed, the Rolling Stones will perform at 2013's Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. The festival has previously featured the likes of Radiohead, Roger Waters, Prince, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Black Keys and The Pixies as headliners and has also proven to be fertile ground for launching new bands.
Quick-on-their-fingers fans screen-grabbed the page from the band's official mobile app where it clearly lists a Stones April 12 date in Indio, CA as Coachella 2013. Several hours later, the dates were deleted but live on via Twitter, Stereogum and other outlets.
Also wiped from the web was a Dec. 27 date at the Cinema Arts Centre in Huntington, NY, which has been reported as a future screening of the Stones doc, The Rolling Stones: The Ron Wood Years.
Goldenvoice, the promoters behind Coachella, did not respond to a request for comment.
Since Coachella's inception, rumors of headliners and top-billed acts have become a sort of blogger sport in the weeks leading up to the official lineup announcement, with scores of fake flyers popping up as the festival approaches. Last year's Coachella was the first to expand its three-day fest to two weekends, selling out some 80,000 tickets for each.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- Best of Late Night TV: Ice Cube Talks N.W.A. Movie, Alan Cumming Recalls Shia's 'Cabaret' Arrest (VIDEO)
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!