Aretha Franklin Scolded by Johnny Rockets Employee in Canada
A "new and very young employee" screamed at the Queen of Soul for sitting down to eat her takeout order on Tuesday.
Aretha Franklin has some harsh words for a server who showed D-I-S-R-E-S-P-E-C-T by telling the Queen of Soul she wasn't allowed to eat her takeout inside the restaurant.
A spokesman for Franklin says the situation unfolded Tuesday at a Johnny Rockets restaurant on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls.
The spokesman says Franklin ordered a hamburger after performing a sold-out show. But he says the server screamed at Franklin, saying she couldn't sit down to eat because she ordered takeout.
Franklin says in a statement that the worker was "very rude, unprofessional and nasty."
A Johnny Rockets spokeswoman says the franchise owner is sorry for the actions of "a new and very young employee."
She says the owner has spoken with the employee and has clarified his takeout policies.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Jon Stewart Gives 'Schoolhouse Rock' A Modern Makeover On 'The Daily Show'
- Jimmy Kimmel Named 'Most Dangerous Celebrity' To Search For Online
- Theater: "You Can't" Can't But James Earl Jones Surely Can
- "Cruisin'" with Jesse J & Smokey Robinson, Plus Chatting with Kandace Springs, Steve Arrington and AJ Croce
- Best of Late Night TV: Tyler Perry's Drone Race and Jimmy Kimmel's Pot Quiz (VIDEO)
- Miles Teller Says the 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Is 'Different in Every Way' From Original
- 11 Essential 'Gilmore Girls' Episodes You Should Definitely Watch On Netflix (VIDEO)
- 'Tetris' Will Become a Movie for Some Reason