Paul Simon, Edie Brickell Release Post-Arrest Duet (Audio)
The couple shared the acoustic duet "Like to Get to Know You" two days after appearing in court to defend disorderly conduct charges.
Paul Simon and wife Edie Brickell released a new song Wednesday, two days after appearing in court to defend disorderly conduct charges.
The two were arrested over the weekend by officers investigating a family dispute at the couple’s home in New Canaan, Conn. But appearing in court, the couple of more than two decades held hands and each said they did not feel threatened by the other.
The new song is called “Like to Get to Know You” and is a sweet three-minute acoustic duet that opens with the two sharing sentiments of estrangements, and then longingly noticing other couples getting along, before returning to a tender chorus: "I wouldn’t trade places with anyone, none of them. 'Cause I’d like to get to know you again."
Listen to the song here:
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
What's Hot In Music
- Best of Late Night TV: Ryan Reynolds Plays 'Egg Russian Roulette,' Cate Blanchett Finally Explains '#SuckIt' (VIDEO)
- James Bond Movies, Ranked From Worst to Best
- 'Sharknado 3' Snags Mark Cuban, Jerry Springer, Bo Derek, and More
- Calling All 'Divergent Series: Insurgent' Fans! Have We Got a Giveaway for You...
- Dakota Johnson Cut 'SNL' Sketch: Anastasia Steele Visits New Red Room in 'Fifty Shades' Sequel
- Taylor Schilling & Jackie Cruz Form Strong Bond Outside of 'Orange is the New Black'
- Natalie Dormer Stars in Hozier's New Music Video for 'Someone New' - Watch Here!
- Shia LaBeouf's Rattail Continues to Have the Web Buzzing