Austin City Limits Reveals Fest Lineup Via Clues in the Classifieds
A series of ads printed in the local newspaper denote that the bands fun. and Grouplove are on the bill for the October festival.
Austin City Limits has always taken a creative approach to announcing the annual festival's lineup, but perhaps none so innovative as placing mysterious classifieds in local newspaper The Austin Chronicle.
Four stealthy ads appeared in the May 2 issue of the weekly publication (see photo above), each offering a clue as to who's on the bill for the October 4-6 and October 11-13 celebration in Austin’s Zilker Park.
“For a little Fun. Call 555-ACL-FEST,” one ad reads. “Seeking True Believers. Worship with us! #ACLFEST,” reads another. “Looking for some Grouplove?” asks a third. In total, the ads denote appearances by Grammy winning band fun., L.A. rockers Grouplove, Charleston folk act Shovels & Rope and The True Believers, which features Alejandro Escovedo, Javier Escovedo, Jon Dee Graham, Denny DeGorio and Rey Washam.
So far, these are the only confirmed acts performing at ACL in October, however Muse frontman Matt Bellamy recently let is slip in an interview with a Montreal radio station that his band will be concluding their U.S. tour at Zilker Park.
Last year, ACL revealed its artists via scratch lottery cards that were placed in various local establishments.
The festival will announce its full lineup for 2013 on May 7 at 12:01 a.m. CST. General admission three-day and VIP passes for both festival weekends will go on sale on May 7 as well via ACL's official website beginning at 10 a.m. CST. General admission three-day passes cost $225 for both weekends.
There’s no word on whether ACL will leak any further acts before the official lineup is revealed.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David