Austin Mahone Being Treated for Blood Clot in Throat
The 17-year-old singer's rep reveals more details about why he postponed his upcoming tour.
Teen singer Austin Mahone has postponed his tour and is being treated for a blood clot in his throat.
A representative for the 17-year-old said in a statement Friday that Mahone was admitted to the hospital Thursday with a 104 temperature. The rep adds that he's dealing with "extreme inflammation in his throat as well as severe dehydration."
Mahone's U.S. tour was supposed to kick off this week but is now pushed to next year.
The singer, popular among teenage girls, has opened on the road for Taylor Swift. The music video for his single "What About Love" has close to 50 million views on YouTube.
Mahone won the artist to watch award at the MTV Video Music Awards this year. He will release his debut album next year.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Rita Ora and Calvin Harris: Working Together After a Breakup?
- From College To The Bright Lights Of Broadway: Meet 'Rock Of Ages' Leading Lady, Carrie St. Louis
- Blake Lively Pulls A Beyonce By Revealing Wedding Dress In Preserve Video
- Kristen Bell's Mary Poppins Takes On Minimum Wage With A Spoonful Of Sugar
- Best of Late Night TV: Dwayne Johnson's Fainting Spell and Morgan Freeman's Helium Balloon Voice (VIDEO)
- The 10 Most Important 'Interstellar' Mysteries Revealed at Comic-Con 2014
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer: Back To the Hilariously Outrageous Future (VIDEO)
- There's Still Hope For an 'X-Files' Reboot