Austin Mahone Being Treated for Blood Clot in Throat
The 17-year-old singer's rep reveals more details about why he postponed his upcoming tour.
Teen singer Austin Mahone has postponed his tour and is being treated for a blood clot in his throat.
A representative for the 17-year-old said in a statement Friday that Mahone was admitted to the hospital Thursday with a 104 temperature. The rep adds that he's dealing with "extreme inflammation in his throat as well as severe dehydration."
Mahone's U.S. tour was supposed to kick off this week but is now pushed to next year.
The singer, popular among teenage girls, has opened on the road for Taylor Swift. The music video for his single "What About Love" has close to 50 million views on YouTube.
Mahone won the artist to watch award at the MTV Video Music Awards this year. He will release his debut album next year.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project
- Renee Zellweger Breaks Silence on New Look: 'I'm Glad Folks Think I Look Different'