Avril Lavigne's Engagement to Nickelback's Chad Kroeger Draws Mockery on Twitter
The internet is snarking on the Canadian couple, who became engaged following a whirlwind courtship.
When Avril Lavigne announced her engagement to Chad Kroeger after a quiet, six-month courtship, a fellow Canadian and the frontman of much-maligned rock band Nickelback, it was almost a given that the pair -- who we shall dub Avrad -- would be mocked mercilessly on the internet.
Behold, a smattering of the insults posted to Twitter:
TV host/radio DJ Damien Fahey tweets: "Here's to Avril Lavigne marrying Chad Kroeger and one day giving birth to a happy, healthy Now That's What I Call Music! CD."
Comedian Rob Delaney snipes: "Avril Lavigne, if you Yoko Ono Nickelback I will be so mad at you!!!"
Music publicist Eric Alper quips: "Twitterverse exploding over upcoming Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger wedding. Why did they have to go and make things so complicated?"
Jimmy Kimmel Live! writer Eli Braden goes for the jugular: "Since talent skips a generation, the son of Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger will be the most brilliant musical genius of his era."
TV pundit Andy Levy writes: "I think we can all agree Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger shouldn't be allowed to write their own wedding vows."
And comedian Michael Ian Black chimes in: "People forget that Avril and Chad Kroeger are both Canadian so they HAVE to get married. It's also why Justin Bieber is going to marry Rush."
As for Lavigne, the 27-year-old "Complicated" singer, who was previously married to Sum 41's Deryck Whibley, has been tweeting and retweeting only the positive feedback.
Tell us: what do you think of Avrad's engagement? Is it too soon? Should the internet drop the snark and just be happy for the couple?
Since talent skips a generation, the son of Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger will be the most brilliant musical genius of his era.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- "Nurse Jackie" Is At Its Most Dramatic This Season
- Non-Newtonian Fluids Rock Out As Stars Of Jack White's New Music Video
- Dave Attell's 'Road Work' & 'Comedy Underground' Bring His Raw, Unfiltered Style Back To TV
- James Cameron: The Scripts For All Three 'Avatar' Sequels Are Almost Done, Plus More Reddit AMA Highlights