Avril Lavigne's Engagement to Nickelback's Chad Kroeger Draws Mockery on Twitter
The internet is snarking on the Canadian couple, who became engaged following a whirlwind courtship.
When Avril Lavigne announced her engagement to Chad Kroeger after a quiet, six-month courtship, a fellow Canadian and the frontman of much-maligned rock band Nickelback, it was almost a given that the pair -- who we shall dub Avrad -- would be mocked mercilessly on the internet.
Behold, a smattering of the insults posted to Twitter:
TV host/radio DJ Damien Fahey tweets: "Here's to Avril Lavigne marrying Chad Kroeger and one day giving birth to a happy, healthy Now That's What I Call Music! CD."
Comedian Rob Delaney snipes: "Avril Lavigne, if you Yoko Ono Nickelback I will be so mad at you!!!"
Music publicist Eric Alper quips: "Twitterverse exploding over upcoming Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger wedding. Why did they have to go and make things so complicated?"
Jimmy Kimmel Live! writer Eli Braden goes for the jugular: "Since talent skips a generation, the son of Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger will be the most brilliant musical genius of his era."
TV pundit Andy Levy writes: "I think we can all agree Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger shouldn't be allowed to write their own wedding vows."
And comedian Michael Ian Black chimes in: "People forget that Avril and Chad Kroeger are both Canadian so they HAVE to get married. It's also why Justin Bieber is going to marry Rush."
As for Lavigne, the 27-year-old "Complicated" singer, who was previously married to Sum 41's Deryck Whibley, has been tweeting and retweeting only the positive feedback.
Tell us: what do you think of Avrad's engagement? Is it too soon? Should the internet drop the snark and just be happy for the couple?
Since talent skips a generation, the son of Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger will be the most brilliant musical genius of his era.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project