Azealia Banks' Infamous Condom Magazine Cover Unleashed on Internet
The Dazed & Confused issue has been "banned in 7 countries," the magazine tweets.
A new issue of British fashion magazine Dazed & Confused featuring Harlem-born rap sensation Azealia Banks has been turning heads and dropping jaws -- and now the magazine has released the image online. (Scroll down to view the cover.)
In it, Banks is seen holding an inflated red condom to her lips, which she appears to be smoking like a cigar. Accompanying the photo, shot by photographer Sharif Hamza, is the headline: "Azealia Banks Blows Up."
Last week, the magazine tweeted that the cover "has been banned from 7 countries so far. Thank God for the Internet, huh?"
Described by the magazine as a "fashionista" and "hard-balling Harlem pop provocateur," Banks has been a topic of discussion since her video for the single "212" went viral, amassing over 27 million views on YouTube.
She was signed to Universal Music in January -- later signing with Lady Gaga's manager before swiftly parting ways -- and made her U.S. debut at the 2012 Coachella Music and Arts Festival, where she performed a short set that included covers of Prodigy's "Firestarter" and The Zutons' "Valerie," a song famously covered by Amy Winehouse.
In July, Banks was named the new face of fashion designer Alexander Wang's label, and accompanied Wang to the annual Met Gala.
Sundance: On the Scene
What's Hot In Music
- Best of Late Night TV: John Oliver's Self-Tasering and Conan O'Brien's Superbowl 'Clueless Gamer' (VIDEO)
- Watch Live! 'Black or White' Star Kevin Costner's One-on-One With Mr. Moviefone
- 'Still Alice' Review: Julianne Moore Anchors Intense Alzheimer's Film
- 'Terminator: Genisys' Super Bowl Trailer Features Arnold & Action Galore (VIDEO)
- Nick Jonas Has a Long Day in Paris While His Brothers Take on the States
- John Krasinski Shows Off His Full Beard After Working Out
- This Supercut of Jimmy Fallon's Favorite 'Ew!' Moments is Hilarious - Watch Here!
- Kim & Khloe Kardashian Sing Their Hearts Out at Sam Smith Concert with Kendall Jenner & Cara Delevingne