Azealia Banks' Infamous Condom Magazine Cover Unleashed on Internet
The Dazed & Confused issue has been "banned in 7 countries," the magazine tweets.
A new issue of British fashion magazine Dazed & Confused featuring Harlem-born rap sensation Azealia Banks has been turning heads and dropping jaws -- and now the magazine has released the image online. (Scroll down to view the cover.)
In it, Banks is seen holding an inflated red condom to her lips, which she appears to be smoking like a cigar. Accompanying the photo, shot by photographer Sharif Hamza, is the headline: "Azealia Banks Blows Up."
Last week, the magazine tweeted that the cover "has been banned from 7 countries so far. Thank God for the Internet, huh?"
Described by the magazine as a "fashionista" and "hard-balling Harlem pop provocateur," Banks has been a topic of discussion since her video for the single "212" went viral, amassing over 27 million views on YouTube.
She was signed to Universal Music in January -- later signing with Lady Gaga's manager before swiftly parting ways -- and made her U.S. debut at the 2012 Coachella Music and Arts Festival, where she performed a short set that included covers of Prodigy's "Firestarter" and The Zutons' "Valerie," a song famously covered by Amy Winehouse.
In July, Banks was named the new face of fashion designer Alexander Wang's label, and accompanied Wang to the annual Met Gala.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- This Week’s Best Game of Thrones Reader Comments: ‘The Lion and the Rose’
- Douglas Coupland on Being a Visual Artist, the ‘Torture’ of Interviews, and Unintended Side Effects
- Alan Thicke on His New Reality Sitcom and Being ‘Considerably More Boring Than Jason Seaver’
- 6 Forgotten Teen Films of the Late ’90s and Early ’00s
- Here's the 'Green Inferno' Trailer You've Been Waiting For (EXCLUSIVE)
- The Final 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Trailer Is Jam-Packed With Mutants (VIDEO)
- 'A Haunted House 2' Preview: Don't Sneak Up on Marlon Wayans (EXCLUSIVE)
- Move Over Johnny Depp, Here Are 11 Movie Stars Who Already Own the Internet