Beck Previews New Album in Short Trailer, Sets Release Date
"Morning Phase" is Beck's first new album since 2008's "Modern Guilt" and will be released by the artist's new label, Capitol.
Beck unveiled a trailer for his upcoming album, Morning Phase, today that confirms its Feb. 25 release date.
The trailer teases a track off the album and reveals some of the creative process behind the music. In the 90-second clip, the album is shown being pressed into vinyl. The trailer concludes with a shot of the finished product.
The teaser clip is set to a new song called "Blue Moon," which will be released as a single on Jan. 20. The track also will appear in an upcoming episode of HBO's Girls and will be included on the Girls Volume 2: All Adventurous Women Do… collection. That soundtrack, which includes new music from Jenny Lewis and Lily Allen, will hit shelves Feb. 11 via Atlantic.
Morning Phase is Beck's first new album since 2008's Modern Guilt and will be released via Capitol, a new label for the artist. The musician is calling the album a "companion piece" to his 2002 disc, Sea Change, and has noted that it features contributions from several longtime collaborators such as Justin Meldal-Johnsen, Joey Waronker, Roger Joseph Manning Jr. and Smokey Hormel.
The album previously did not have a release date, although Beck announced last year that it would arrive in February.
Watch the teaser below:
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Best of Late Night TV: Bachelorette Andi Plays the No-ly Wed Game, James Franco's Selfie Tutorial (VIDEO)
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)
- Norman Reedus Breaks Down Daryl and Beth's Relationship on 'The Walking Dead'