Beck Signs With Capitol Records
A new album, called "Morning Phase," is due out in February.
The relaunched Capitol Records continues to beef up its roster, signing acclaimed artist Beck.
A new album, titled Morning Phase, by the Los Angeles–based singer and songwriter, his first since 2008's Modern Guilt, is expected in February 2014.
According to a press release announcing the signing, the album is being described as "a companion piece of sorts to Beck's 2002 classic Sea Change" that "harkens back to the stunning harmonies, song craft and staggering emotional impact of that record, while surging forward with infectious optimism."
It features several of the same musicians who played on the Sea Change sessions, including Justin Meldal-Johnsen, Joey Waronker, Smokey Hormel, Roger Joseph Manning Jr., and Jason Falkner.
Beck has been performing sporadic live dates with this same band. Other appearances in 2012 and 2013 were to promote his lavishly packaged illustrated Song Reader featuring sheet music for 20 songs, all open to interpretation.
More recently, Beck reimagined David Bowie's classic "Sound + Vision" and performed at two stops on the Station to Station train tour.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Dancing With the Stars' Season 19 Premiere, 'American Ninja Warrior,' and More Picks
- Norman Reedus to Publish Book of 'Walking Dead' Fans' Daryl Dixon Art (PHOTOS)
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Winners: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Meet Pete Davidson, the Newest 'Saturday Night Live' Featured Player (VIDEO)
- Kerry Washington Fights Against Domestic Violence at Purple Purse Programe
- Taylor Schilling & Laura Prepon Bring 'OITNB' to Netflix Launch in Paris!
- Bradley Cooper & Suki Waterhouse Meet Up With Sienna Miller & Tom Sturridge For Dinner!
- Kim Kardashian Defends Husband Kanye West After Wheelchair Concert Controversy