Beck Signs With Capitol Records
A new album, called "Morning Phase," is due out in February.
The relaunched Capitol Records continues to beef up its roster, signing acclaimed artist Beck.
A new album, titled Morning Phase, by the Los Angeles–based singer and songwriter, his first since 2008's Modern Guilt, is expected in February 2014.
According to a press release announcing the signing, the album is being described as "a companion piece of sorts to Beck's 2002 classic Sea Change" that "harkens back to the stunning harmonies, song craft and staggering emotional impact of that record, while surging forward with infectious optimism."
It features several of the same musicians who played on the Sea Change sessions, including Justin Meldal-Johnsen, Joey Waronker, Smokey Hormel, Roger Joseph Manning Jr., and Jason Falkner.
Beck has been performing sporadic live dates with this same band. Other appearances in 2012 and 2013 were to promote his lavishly packaged illustrated Song Reader featuring sheet music for 20 songs, all open to interpretation.
More recently, Beck reimagined David Bowie's classic "Sound + Vision" and performed at two stops on the Station to Station train tour.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- The 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer Has Leaked (VIDEO)
- Bitsie Tulloch Says 'Grimm' Fans 'Will Lose Their Minds Over' What Juliette Goes Through In Season 4
- Check Out Elijah Wood and Peter Jackson in This Commercial for Air New Zealand
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Alysia Reiner Loves These 5 Prison Movies
- Kirsten Dunst Goes to the Gym While Garrett Hedlund Golfs the Afternoon Away!
- Hayden Christensen Grabs Ideas on Landscaping, Pregnant Rachel Bilson Relaxes in the Car
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Official Trailer Released By Marvel After Leak - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Lawrence Shows the Guys Just How Chopping Down Trees is Done in 'Serena' Clip - Watch Now!