Beck Signs With Capitol Records
A new album, called "Morning Phase," is due out in February.
The relaunched Capitol Records continues to beef up its roster, signing acclaimed artist Beck.
A new album, titled Morning Phase, by the Los Angeles–based singer and songwriter, his first since 2008's Modern Guilt, is expected in February 2014.
According to a press release announcing the signing, the album is being described as "a companion piece of sorts to Beck's 2002 classic Sea Change" that "harkens back to the stunning harmonies, song craft and staggering emotional impact of that record, while surging forward with infectious optimism."
It features several of the same musicians who played on the Sea Change sessions, including Justin Meldal-Johnsen, Joey Waronker, Smokey Hormel, Roger Joseph Manning Jr., and Jason Falkner.
Beck has been performing sporadic live dates with this same band. Other appearances in 2012 and 2013 were to promote his lavishly packaged illustrated Song Reader featuring sheet music for 20 songs, all open to interpretation.
More recently, Beck reimagined David Bowie's classic "Sound + Vision" and performed at two stops on the Station to Station train tour.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)
- Norman Reedus Breaks Down Daryl and Beth's Relationship on 'The Walking Dead'
- Get Creeped Out By the Latest Demon-Filled 'Constantine' Trailer (VIDEO)