Berry Gordy, Doug Morris, Smokey Robinson Preview 'Motown: The Musical' (Video)
Says show producer and Sony Music CEO Morris in the just-released clip: "Motown Records is the most unique record company in the history of the music business."
"For years people said if I didn't do something on Broadway that I should see a psychiatrist… and so I'm here," so says Motown Records founder Berry Gordy in a new video (below) entitled "An Inside Look at "Motown: The Musical" that hit the web on Monday.
Gordy is seen standing with the great Smokey Robinson on the floorboards at a Broadway theatre at a fundraiser for the show with Aretha Franklin, L.A. Reid, Rev. Jessie Jackson, Gayle King and others in attendance.
Perhaps the most telling moment in the clip is what Sony Music CEO Doug Morris, one of the show's producers, has to say about Hitsville U.S.A. "Motown Records," he says "is the most unique record company in the history of the music business."
Other featured speakers in the video include actors Brandon Victor Dixon and Valisia Le Kae, director Charles Randolph-Wright and producer Kevin McCollum. The show opens in previews at Broadway's Lunt-Fontanne Theatre on March 13. The motor city's Chrysler is the show's main sponsor.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Emily Blunt on 'Into the Woods,' Meryl Streep, and... 'Star Wars'? (EXCLUSIVE)
- Chris Pine on 'Into the Woods,' 'Star Trek 3,' and His 'Jack Ryan' Regret (EXCLUSIVE)
- Mike Colter to Play Luke Cage for Marvel Netflix Series 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- J.K. Rowling Doesn't Understand the Love for Draco Malfoy
- Ryan Reynolds Helps Retrieve the 'Woman in Gold' in New Trailer - Watch Now!
- Beyonce Shows Off Her Dance Moves to Promote 'Beyonce: Platinum Edition' - Watch Now!
- Henry Cavill & Armie Hammer Enjoy a Drink Together in First 'Man From U.N.C.L.E' Still
- Chris Hemsworth Gets Ready to Fight Whale 'In The Heart Of The Sea' Trailer - Watch Now!