Berry Gordy, Doug Morris, Smokey Robinson Preview 'Motown: The Musical' (Video)
Says show producer and Sony Music CEO Morris in the just-released clip: "Motown Records is the most unique record company in the history of the music business."
"For years people said if I didn't do something on Broadway that I should see a psychiatrist… and so I'm here," so says Motown Records founder Berry Gordy in a new video (below) entitled "An Inside Look at "Motown: The Musical" that hit the web on Monday.
Gordy is seen standing with the great Smokey Robinson on the floorboards at a Broadway theatre at a fundraiser for the show with Aretha Franklin, L.A. Reid, Rev. Jessie Jackson, Gayle King and others in attendance.
Perhaps the most telling moment in the clip is what Sony Music CEO Doug Morris, one of the show's producers, has to say about Hitsville U.S.A. "Motown Records," he says "is the most unique record company in the history of the music business."
Other featured speakers in the video include actors Brandon Victor Dixon and Valisia Le Kae, director Charles Randolph-Wright and producer Kevin McCollum. The show opens in previews at Broadway's Lunt-Fontanne Theatre on March 13. The motor city's Chrysler is the show's main sponsor.
What's Hot In Music
- Hulu's April Fools' Gag 'Hulu Pets' Is A Pretty Convincing Streaming Service
- Watch Taylor Swift And Camila Cabello Totally Fangirl After Hearing Fifth Harmony On The Radio
- 'Black Girls Are Magic': Latest Episode Of 'Being Mary Jane' Powerfully Explores Race And Beauty With Real-Life Activists
- Scott Eastwood On His Gay Fans, Same-Sex Marriage And Whether Or Not A Gay Role Is In His Future
- Zayn Malik Struggled the Most With One Direction Tour Demands, 'This Is Us' Director Says
- Kim Kardashian is Told She May Not Be Able to Have More Kids in New 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Clips (Video)
- Zoe Saldana Wants Twins Cy & Bowie to Be Super Stylish!
- Shia LaBeouf Explains Why It's Insane Being an Actor