Berry Gordy, Doug Morris, Smokey Robinson Preview 'Motown: The Musical' (Video)
Says show producer and Sony Music CEO Morris in the just-released clip: "Motown Records is the most unique record company in the history of the music business."
"For years people said if I didn't do something on Broadway that I should see a psychiatrist… and so I'm here," so says Motown Records founder Berry Gordy in a new video (below) entitled "An Inside Look at "Motown: The Musical" that hit the web on Monday.
Gordy is seen standing with the great Smokey Robinson on the floorboards at a Broadway theatre at a fundraiser for the show with Aretha Franklin, L.A. Reid, Rev. Jessie Jackson, Gayle King and others in attendance.
Perhaps the most telling moment in the clip is what Sony Music CEO Doug Morris, one of the show's producers, has to say about Hitsville U.S.A. "Motown Records," he says "is the most unique record company in the history of the music business."
Other featured speakers in the video include actors Brandon Victor Dixon and Valisia Le Kae, director Charles Randolph-Wright and producer Kevin McCollum. The show opens in previews at Broadway's Lunt-Fontanne Theatre on March 13. The motor city's Chrysler is the show's main sponsor.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- J.K. Rowling Publishes New Story On Pottermore Revealing Inspiration Behind Dolores Umbridge
- Pop Stars Everywhere, Take a Lesson From 5 Seconds of Summer: If You Can't Make Your Point, Don't
- Chris Rock Counts Down The Year's Top 5 Halloween Costumes
- Nation, The Last Episode Of 'The Colbert Report' Will Air On December 18
- Watch Sofia Coppola's Insanely Charming Holiday Gap Ads (VIDEO)
- Best of Late Night TV: Gordon Ramsay's Pet Pigs and Chris Rock's Top Halloween Costumes (VIDEO)
- 'Horns' Review: 10 Things You Should Know About Daniel Radcliffe's Devilish New Movie
- Man Dressed as Teletubby Arrested for Stealing Chinese Food