Berry Gordy, Doug Morris, Smokey Robinson Preview 'Motown: The Musical' (Video)
Says show producer and Sony Music CEO Morris in the just-released clip: "Motown Records is the most unique record company in the history of the music business."
"For years people said if I didn't do something on Broadway that I should see a psychiatrist… and so I'm here," so says Motown Records founder Berry Gordy in a new video (below) entitled "An Inside Look at "Motown: The Musical" that hit the web on Monday.
Gordy is seen standing with the great Smokey Robinson on the floorboards at a Broadway theatre at a fundraiser for the show with Aretha Franklin, L.A. Reid, Rev. Jessie Jackson, Gayle King and others in attendance.
Perhaps the most telling moment in the clip is what Sony Music CEO Doug Morris, one of the show's producers, has to say about Hitsville U.S.A. "Motown Records," he says "is the most unique record company in the history of the music business."
Other featured speakers in the video include actors Brandon Victor Dixon and Valisia Le Kae, director Charles Randolph-Wright and producer Kevin McCollum. The show opens in previews at Broadway's Lunt-Fontanne Theatre on March 13. The motor city's Chrysler is the show's main sponsor.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- The Abu Dhabi Diaries: Can a Film Festival Help Us Overcome Misconceptions, Conflicts and Stereotypes?
- Famed Elvis Photographer Alfred Wertheimer Dead At 85
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Hilary Duff Joins Mariska Hargitay's Hubby on 'Younger' Set!
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!