BET Awards 2012: D'Angelo Gives First TV Performance in 12 Years (Video)
The soul-funk singer takes the stage at the music event to perform "Untitled" and "Sugar Daddy."
After a 12-year break from TV performances, D'Angelo returned to the stage at Sunday's BET Awards to inject a dose of old school-funk into the format.
The soul singer crooned two songs, 1999's "Untitled (How Does It Feel)" and the new "Sugar Daddy," starting off on a piano for the latter and closing his act on an extended riff that had Beyonce, Kerry Washington and Jamie Foxx dancing along to the beat. (Unlike the aforementioned, attendees Kanye West and Kim Kardashian remained seated.)
D'Angelo (real name: Michael Eugene Archer) has been touring this year in Europe and made a surprise appearance last month during Questlove's performance at the Bonnaroo festival in Tennessee.
Watch the video below.
What's Hot In Music
- George Clooney Rejects Daily Mail's Apology, Says Tabloid Printed 'Premeditated Lie'
- John Legend's 'You & I (Nobody In The World)' Video Will Make You Hug Your Mother, Wife, Daughter
- Beyonce And Jay Z's 'On the Run' Tour Concert Will Air On HBO, Polish Your Dance Shoes Please
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin's Boyfriend Matt Bendik Reportedly Found Dead At 35
- Kesha Opens Up About Rehab Stint: 'I Was Hateful to Myself & Hurting My Body' - Read Her Touching Essay Here!
- Avengers Unite! Chris Evans & Jeremy Renner Hit the Town in London Together!
- Kaley Cuoco & Ryan Sweeting Are Home from 'Best Trip Ever'
- Elle Fanning Attached to Star in 'How to Talk to Girls at Parties'