BET Awards 2012: D'Angelo Gives First TV Performance in 12 Years (Video)
The soul-funk singer takes the stage at the music event to perform "Untitled" and "Sugar Daddy."
After a 12-year break from TV performances, D'Angelo returned to the stage at Sunday's BET Awards to inject a dose of old school-funk into the format.
The soul singer crooned two songs, 1999's "Untitled (How Does It Feel)" and the new "Sugar Daddy," starting off on a piano for the latter and closing his act on an extended riff that had Beyonce, Kerry Washington and Jamie Foxx dancing along to the beat. (Unlike the aforementioned, attendees Kanye West and Kim Kardashian remained seated.)
D'Angelo (real name: Michael Eugene Archer) has been touring this year in Europe and made a surprise appearance last month during Questlove's performance at the Bonnaroo festival in Tennessee.
Watch the video below.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David