BET Awards 2012: D'Angelo Gives First TV Performance in 12 Years (Video)
The soul-funk singer takes the stage at the music event to perform "Untitled" and "Sugar Daddy."
After a 12-year break from TV performances, D'Angelo returned to the stage at Sunday's BET Awards to inject a dose of old school-funk into the format.
The soul singer crooned two songs, 1999's "Untitled (How Does It Feel)" and the new "Sugar Daddy," starting off on a piano for the latter and closing his act on an extended riff that had Beyonce, Kerry Washington and Jamie Foxx dancing along to the beat. (Unlike the aforementioned, attendees Kanye West and Kim Kardashian remained seated.)
D'Angelo (real name: Michael Eugene Archer) has been touring this year in Europe and made a surprise appearance last month during Questlove's performance at the Bonnaroo festival in Tennessee.
Watch the video below.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- New York Mag Goes Bi-weekly! Texas Women and Guns -- Nora Ephron's last -- a Great Christmas Gift -- Bring Back the Automat!
- Martin Scorsese Speaks Frankly to Film Students in Marrakech: "Always Protect That Spark"
- The Pixies Enlist Paz Lenchantin For Tour, Debut 'Another Toe In The Ocean'
- Demi Lovato Admits She Had A Hard Time Writing Her Book
- Weekend Box Office: 'Frozen' Ices Out 'Catching Fire' With $31.6M in Second Week
- Another Very NSFW 'Nymphomaniac' Clip: Jamie Bell Is in the Giving Spirit (VIDEO)
- 'In Secret' Trailer: Oscar Isaac and Elizabeth Olsen Are Killer Lovers (VIDEO)
- 'Star Wars' Fans, Start Saving: Han Solo Gun to Go Up for Auction