Beth Ditto Arrested for Allegedly Blocking Traffic, Yelling, 'Obama! Obama!'
The Gossip singer was charged with second-degree disorderly conduct.
She's known for singing "Standing in the Way of Control." But Gossip singer Beth Ditto has been arrested for standing in the way of a car.
The trouble began Friday night at Bungalo Bar in Portland, Ore., according to Willamette Week, where a bartender allegedly cut Ditto off after she appeared to be too inebriated to handle another cocktail.
According to their source, Ditto (born Mary Beth Patterson) then "walked out in the middle of the street, threw off her shoes and purse and screamed, 'Obama! Obama!' " as friends tried in vain to put her in a car.
According to a report from the Portland Police Bureau, police "arrived and contacted Patterson standing in the middle of the street with her arms extended from her sides like an airplane, and she was shouting (unknown what) as she blocked traffic.
"Four cars were stopped in the road and one driver was honking his/her horn and yelling for Patterson to get out of the street," the report continues. "Patterson did not respond to police commands to get out of the street so she was taken into custody without incident and transported to jail for disorderly conduct in the second degree."
Ditto was booked at 1:42 a.m. and released, pending a court date.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Chris Hemsworth Supports His Fellow Superheroes at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' UK Premiere!
- Reportedly Pregnant Zoe Saldana Wears Billowy Dress to 'Guardians of the Galaxy' UK Premiere
- Rachel McAdams Exits NYC Before 'A Most Wanted Man' Hits Theatres Everywhere!
- Thandie Newton's Clown Purse is Our Favorite New Accessory!