Beyonce Slams 'Stupid' Surrogacy Rumors
"That was crazy. It wasn't hurtful, it was just crazy," says People's "Most Beautiful Woman."
When Beyonce was pregnant with daughter Blue Ivy Carter (who will some day take over the world), rumors began spreading that 1) she faked her pregnancy with a prosthetic belly and 2) had enlisted surrogate to carry the child.
Last October, Beyonce shot down speculation as "stupid, ridiculous and false," through her publicist, after a video of her interview with the Australian talk show Sunday Night HD fueled fake-bump chatter when her stomach appeared to deflate on camera.
“It was a fabric that folded — does fabric not fold? Oh my gosh, so stupid," she said.
Meanwhile, her mother, Tina Knowles, took the talk personally.
“I thought it was very unfair and very cruel that someone would think that someone would be that diabolical to keep up a charade like that for nine months," said the House of Dereon designer. ”As a mother it was painful for me to hear the crazy rumors. And I even had people ask me, which was so ridiculous.”
Blue Ivy was born to Beyonce and husband Jay-Z on Jan. 7; she's since balanced motherhood and career with concerts planned this month in Atlantic City, new albums on the docket, a digital family scrapbook on Tumblr and mother-daughter strolls in New York City.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Bitsie Tulloch Says 'Grimm' Fans 'Will Lose Their Minds Over' What Juliette Goes Through In Season 4
- Check Out Elijah Wood and Peter Jackson in This Commercial for Air New Zealand
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Alysia Reiner Loves These 5 Prison Movies
- Mark Wahlberg, Jessica Lange, and John Goodman Get Tough in 'The Gambler' Red Band Trailer
- Meghan Trainor's 'All About That Bass' Can't Be Stopped on the Billboard Hot 100!
- Amanda Seyfried To Take Part in 24 Hour Plays on Broadway with Nina Dobrev, Justin Long, & More!
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Rose McGowan Hit Up Hollywood for 'White Bird in a Blizzard' Premiere!
- Daniel Radcliffe Knows He's Fortunate to Do a Job He Adores