Beyonce Voices Support of Frank Ocean Through Poetry
The Grammy winner called Ocean an “inspiration” after publicly acknowledging that his first love was a man.
Frank Ocean’s unexpected and candid confession last week, that his first love was a man, seems to have the hip-hop community talking. With many applauding his decision, one superstar stands out among his supporters.
Beyonce took to her blog on Saturday to sing her praises of the Odd Future member, who co-wrote the song “I Miss You” on her latest album, 4.
Set against a black and white photo of Ocean, Beyonce’s handwritten words can be read proclaiming, “Be Fearless, Be Honest, Be Generous, Be Brave, Be Poetic, Be Open, Be Free, Be Yourself, Be in Love, Be Happy, Be Inspiration.”
Ocean opened up about his sexuality in a Tumblr post on July 4, recalling one summer when he was 19 years old and hopelessly in love with a male companion who refused to admit the same. Days later, Ocean’s month-long concert tour had completely sold out and it was announced that he would be performing on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.
Also voicing support for Ocean was hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons, who said he was “profoundly moved” by Ocean’s “courage and honesty.”
“Your decision to go public about your sexual orientation gives hope and light to so many young people still living in fear,” Simmons wrote.
Ocean is set to make his television debut as a solo artist on Late Night on Monday, July 9. His debut album, Channel Orange, is due out on July 16.
Below, listen to the singer’s newly released track titled “Sweet Life.”
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Winnie and Kevin Probably Slept Together and 11 Other Things We Learned at Last Night’s Wonder Years Reunion
- How Much Do You Know About American Horror Story? Take Our SAT Exam
- Garage Doors and Tanning Beds: 9 Actors Remember Their Famous Horror-Movie Deaths
- It’s Just a Normal Tuesday With Drake and ILoveMakonnen
- 'Ouija' Movie Stars Attend Spooky Seance with Their Celeb Pals (Exclusive Video!)
- Justin Timberlake & Jessica Biel Settle Lawsuit Against Tabloid Publishing False Stories
- Renee Zellweger Brings Her Boyfriend Doyle Bramhall II to Elle Women in Hollywood Event!
- Nikki Reed & Emmy Rossum Stun at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration