Beyonce to Headline Gucci's Chime For Change Concert
Queen Bey wears two crowns for Gucci: performer and artistic director.
Beyonce Knowles joins forces with Gucci, headlining their Sound of Change concert in London June 1, which was announced at a press conference in London Tuesday morning. Part of Gucci's broader Chime for Change effort, it's a global concert that’ll be broadcast around the world and feature performances from Florence and the Machine, Ellie Goulding, Iggy Azalea, John Legend, Rita Ora, Laura Pausini, Timbaland and more to be confirmed.
"Our goal is to call for change for girls and women in the loudest voice possible," said co-founder and artistic director Beyonce. "I am excited for us to come together on June 1 to bring the issues of education, health and justice for girls and women to the world stage."
The new fashionable and charitable initiative aims to raise funds, awareness and empowerment for girls and women around the globe. Throughout the concert, 10 short films will be screened that each spotlight issues for girls and women around the world.
"This is the emergency and the opportunity of today," said Gucci creative director Frida Giannini. "We have reached a significant moment in the history of girls’ and women's empowerment, and now is the time for change.”
Tickets for the event will go on sale Wednesday morning, March 27, at 9 a.m. GMT at www.chimeforchange.org.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Winnie and Kevin Probably Slept Together and 11 Other Things We Learned at Last Night’s Wonder Years Reunion
- How Much Do You Know About American Horror Story? Take Our SAT Exam
- Garage Doors and Tanning Beds: 9 Actors Remember Their Famous Horror-Movie Deaths
- It’s Just a Normal Tuesday With Drake and ILoveMakonnen
- 'Ouija' Movie Stars Attend Spooky Seance with Their Celeb Pals (Exclusive Video!)
- Justin Timberlake & Jessica Biel Settle Lawsuit Against Tabloid Publishing False Stories
- Renee Zellweger Brings Her Boyfriend Doyle Bramhall II to Elle Women in Hollywood Event!
- Nikki Reed & Emmy Rossum Stun at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration