Beyonce to Headline Gucci's Chime For Change Concert
Queen Bey wears two crowns for Gucci: performer and artistic director.
Beyonce Knowles joins forces with Gucci, headlining their Sound of Change concert in London June 1, which was announced at a press conference in London Tuesday morning. Part of Gucci's broader Chime for Change effort, it's a global concert that’ll be broadcast around the world and feature performances from Florence and the Machine, Ellie Goulding, Iggy Azalea, John Legend, Rita Ora, Laura Pausini, Timbaland and more to be confirmed.
"Our goal is to call for change for girls and women in the loudest voice possible," said co-founder and artistic director Beyonce. "I am excited for us to come together on June 1 to bring the issues of education, health and justice for girls and women to the world stage."
The new fashionable and charitable initiative aims to raise funds, awareness and empowerment for girls and women around the globe. Throughout the concert, 10 short films will be screened that each spotlight issues for girls and women around the world.
"This is the emergency and the opportunity of today," said Gucci creative director Frida Giannini. "We have reached a significant moment in the history of girls’ and women's empowerment, and now is the time for change.”
Tickets for the event will go on sale Wednesday morning, March 27, at 9 a.m. GMT at www.chimeforchange.org.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
- 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' Cast: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Watching This Four-Minute 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Clip Is a Very Good Idea (VIDEO)
- Renee Zellweger's Next Movie, 'The Whole Truth,' Is Her First in Four Years
- Jennifer Lawrence's Boyfriend, Nicholas Hoult, Is Very Aware of His 'Bystander' Status