Beyonce Unveils Inspirational U.N. Performance of 'I Was Here' (Video)
The singer took center stage at the international body's General Assembly to raise awareness of World Humanitarian Day.
Filmed at the U.N. General Assembly in New York earlier this month, Beyonce's "I Was Here" music video, which was unveiled on Saturday, mixes performance footage from a unique Bey day with striking images of global volunteer efforts.
Standing front and center in a sparkling white gown, Beyonce performs the inspirational "4" cut to screaming fans on World Humanitarian Day, as a giant screen behind her displays globe-reaching graphics that morph into pictures of humanitarian triumph. Directed by Kenzo Digital and Sophie Muller, the music video ends with the question "What Will You Do?" and offers a web site in which fans can leave a mark.
After giving birth to baby Blue Ivy Carter in January, Beyonce returned to the stage for a string of performances in Atlantic City last May. "I Was Here" is the latest cut from her Billboard 200-topping fourth album "4" to receive a music video, following "Run The World (Girls)," "Best Thing I Never Had," "Love on Top," "Party," "Countdown" and "1+1."
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Best of Late Night TV: Ice Cube Talks N.W.A. Movie, Alan Cumming Recalls Shia's 'Cabaret' Arrest (VIDEO)
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Makes First Offiical Appearance Since Suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum - See The Pics Here!
- Orlando Bloom & Selena Gomez Walk Just Steps Apart From Each Other at the Airport
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Adds British Actor Max Brown to Season Two!
- Jude Law & Colin Firth Film 'Genius' Together in the Rain!