Beyonce Drips Jewels, Projects Cheetah-Print Silhouettes in 'Partition' Video
The "Drunk in Love" singer released the video from her self-titled album as its third single on Tuesday.
Beyonce has released her ornate music video for "Partition," the third beat-heavy single off her surprise self-titled album.
Directed by Jake Nava, the video casts the musician as an aristocrat who finds herself daydreaming about affection during breakfast. Dressed in bejeweled corsets, metallic trench coats and vintage-inspired lingerie, the fantasy wraps with Beyonce acting as a canvas to a projected cheetah print in a burlesque-type show -- plus an appearance by Jay Z.
The track -- written with The-Dream, Justin Timberlake, Timbaland, J-Roc and Key Wane -- has been steadily climbing up the Billboard charts, despite the fact that the video was available only with album purchase. Before today, it was not uploaded to YouTube or VEVO, and the audio isn't available on Spotify, Pandora or other similar services. Instead, user-generated YouTube videos, driven by a vibrant community of choreographed dance crews, are part of what has driven the popularity of the song, turning it into a dance phenomenon.
Watch the video below:
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Chris Pine on 'Into the Woods,' 'Star Trek 3,' and His 'Jack Ryan' Regret (EXCLUSIVE)
- Mike Colter to Play Luke Cage for Marvel Netflix Series 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- J.K. Rowling Doesn't Understand the Love for Draco Malfoy
- May the Wax Be Ever in Your Favor: Katniss Everdeen Gets Madame Tussauds Treatment
- Lea Michele Holds Hands with Her Boyfriend Matthew Paetz In These Cute New Photos!
- Hailee Steinfeld Parties It Up for Her 18th Birthday Surrounded By Her Celebrity Friends - See the Pics!
- Gwyneth Paltrow Celebrated Hanukkah at the White House!
- Miguel Surprises Fans with Three New Songs (JJ Music Monday)