Beyonce Drips Jewels, Projects Cheetah-Print Silhouettes in 'Partition' Video
The "Drunk in Love" singer released the video from her self-titled album as its third single on Tuesday.
Beyonce has released her ornate music video for "Partition," the third beat-heavy single off her surprise self-titled album.
Directed by Jake Nava, the video casts the musician as an aristocrat who finds herself daydreaming about affection during breakfast. Dressed in bejeweled corsets, metallic trench coats and vintage-inspired lingerie, the fantasy wraps with Beyonce acting as a canvas to a projected cheetah print in a burlesque-type show -- plus an appearance by Jay Z.
The track -- written with The-Dream, Justin Timberlake, Timbaland, J-Roc and Key Wane -- has been steadily climbing up the Billboard charts, despite the fact that the video was available only with album purchase. Before today, it was not uploaded to YouTube or VEVO, and the audio isn't available on Spotify, Pandora or other similar services. Instead, user-generated YouTube videos, driven by a vibrant community of choreographed dance crews, are part of what has driven the popularity of the song, turning it into a dance phenomenon.
Watch the video below:
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum