Beyonce Returns to Stage With Whitney Houston Cover (Video)
In her first appearance since giving birth to a daughter in January, the singer performed “I Will Always Love You” in Atlantic City.
In her first performance since the January birth of her daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, Beyonce returned to the stage Friday and treated the crowd to a small tribute to Whitney Houston.
The singer teased “I Will Always Love You” before going into her own “Halo” during her performance at the opening of Atlantic City’s Revel casino and hotel.
Beyonce’s return earned high marks from at least one prominent member of the music business. Her husband Jay-Z tweeted: "I'm gonna say this and then I'm gonna end mine." BEYONCE is the best performer in the world. Period.”
The singer also received praise this week from First Lady Michelle Obama, who told People if she could lead another life, she’d like to be a singer.
"If I had some gift, I'd be Beyonce," Obama said.
The First Lady may have the opportunity to take notes this weekend. The Associated Press reports she is attending Beyonce's concert Saturday night. The singer’s run at Revel goes through Monday.
Watch the video below.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- 'Game Of Thrones' Natalie Dormer to Star in Creepy Thriller 'The Forest'
- 'Fall' Trailer: Roman Catholic Priest's Life Shattered By Letter (VIDEO)
- Is Jena Malone Playing Robin in 'Batman v. Superman'?
- Best of Late Night TV: Bill Murray's Tinder Talk, Jack Black's Cereal Jingle, John Leguizamo's Fight With Patrick Swayze (VIDEO)
- Josh Hutcherson Premieres 'Paradise Lost' in Paris with Girlfriend Claudia Traisac
- Julianne Moore & Ellen Page's Gay Rights Drama 'Freeheld' Banned from Filming at Catholic School
- Shailene Woodley Opens Up About Nude Scenes for 'White Bird'
- 'Shia LaBeouf' Is a Cannibal in Bizarre Theatrical Piece - Watch Now!