Beyonce Returns to Stage With Whitney Houston Cover (Video)
In her first appearance since giving birth to a daughter in January, the singer performed “I Will Always Love You” in Atlantic City.
In her first performance since the January birth of her daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, Beyonce returned to the stage Friday and treated the crowd to a small tribute to Whitney Houston.
The singer teased “I Will Always Love You” before going into her own “Halo” during her performance at the opening of Atlantic City’s Revel casino and hotel.
Beyonce’s return earned high marks from at least one prominent member of the music business. Her husband Jay-Z tweeted: "I'm gonna say this and then I'm gonna end mine." BEYONCE is the best performer in the world. Period.”
The singer also received praise this week from First Lady Michelle Obama, who told People if she could lead another life, she’d like to be a singer.
"If I had some gift, I'd be Beyonce," Obama said.
The First Lady may have the opportunity to take notes this weekend. The Associated Press reports she is attending Beyonce's concert Saturday night. The singer’s run at Revel goes through Monday.
Watch the video below.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'
- Krispy Kreme Celebrates 'Ghostbusters' 30th Anniversary With Limited Edition Doughnuts
- Extended 'Revenge' Season 4 Trailer Proves 'What Goes Around Comes Around' (VIDEO)
- Prepare to Swoon Over Benedict Cumberbatch Dressed as Mr. Darcy (PHOTO)
- Benedict Cumberbatch Gives Up His Clothes for Charity - See the Sexy Photo!
- Karlie Kloss to 'Lucky': 'I Have a Lot I Want to Do in the Next 5 Years'
- Lupita Nyong'o Tickles Elmo for New 'Sesame Street' Clip About Loving Your Own Skin
- Mindy Kaling Reveals She Was Up for Maya Rudolph's 'Bridesmaids' Role: 'It Was a Heartbreaker'