Beyonce Returns to Stage With Whitney Houston Cover (Video)
In her first appearance since giving birth to a daughter in January, the singer performed “I Will Always Love You” in Atlantic City.
In her first performance since the January birth of her daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, Beyonce returned to the stage Friday and treated the crowd to a small tribute to Whitney Houston.
The singer teased “I Will Always Love You” before going into her own “Halo” during her performance at the opening of Atlantic City’s Revel casino and hotel.
Beyonce’s return earned high marks from at least one prominent member of the music business. Her husband Jay-Z tweeted: "I'm gonna say this and then I'm gonna end mine." BEYONCE is the best performer in the world. Period.”
The singer also received praise this week from First Lady Michelle Obama, who told People if she could lead another life, she’d like to be a singer.
"If I had some gift, I'd be Beyonce," Obama said.
The First Lady may have the opportunity to take notes this weekend. The Associated Press reports she is attending Beyonce's concert Saturday night. The singer’s run at Revel goes through Monday.
Watch the video below.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Free Yourselves From the Shackles of Spoilers! Life Is Too Short.
- I Want Rom-Com TV to Flourish, But ABC’s Manhattan Love Story Is Not Helping at All
- Watch the Trailer for Taken 3, Which Is Actually Called Tak3n
- The Creators of Family Guy Must Have a Major Inferiority Complex When It Comes to The Simpsons
- Tracy Morgan Responds to Walmart: I Can't Believe They Are Blaming Me For the Accident
- Justin Bieber Grabs Dinner with Kendall Jenner in Paris
- Aretha Franklin Sings 'Rolling in the Deep' Live & Totally Kills It - Watch Now!
- Channing Tatum & His Huge Muscles Continue Filming 'Magic Mike XXL' - See the New Photos!