Beyonce Returns to Stage With Whitney Houston Cover (Video)
In her first appearance since giving birth to a daughter in January, the singer performed “I Will Always Love You” in Atlantic City.
In her first performance since the January birth of her daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, Beyonce returned to the stage Friday and treated the crowd to a small tribute to Whitney Houston.
The singer teased “I Will Always Love You” before going into her own “Halo” during her performance at the opening of Atlantic City’s Revel casino and hotel.
Beyonce’s return earned high marks from at least one prominent member of the music business. Her husband Jay-Z tweeted: "I'm gonna say this and then I'm gonna end mine." BEYONCE is the best performer in the world. Period.”
The singer also received praise this week from First Lady Michelle Obama, who told People if she could lead another life, she’d like to be a singer.
"If I had some gift, I'd be Beyonce," Obama said.
The First Lady may have the opportunity to take notes this weekend. The Associated Press reports she is attending Beyonce's concert Saturday night. The singer’s run at Revel goes through Monday.
Watch the video below.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- Weekend Box Office: '300: Rise of An Empire' Marches to Number One
- 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' Cast: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Watching This Four-Minute 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Clip Is a Very Good Idea (VIDEO)
- Renee Zellweger's Next Movie, 'The Whole Truth,' Is Her First in Four Years