Billie Joe Armstrong's Rehab May Force Green Day Show Cancellations
Producer Rob Cavallo says that it's "undetermined when he'll be back."
Billie Joe Armstrong isn't ready to hit the road again.
The Green Day singer, in rehab for substance abuse, may not be available to resume his pop-punk frontman duties for the next month or two, judging from comments made by the band's long-time producer Rob Cavallo.
Armstrong was checked into rehab in late September shortly after he abruptly ended his set at the iHeartRadio festival by smashing his guitar and exclaiming "I'm not f--king Justin Bieber." He said at the time he was protesting that his set was cut short by organizers.
On BBC radio this week, bassist Mike Dirnt pointed to the tour schedule as weighing on Armstrong. "We hadn't slept in forever, and Billie had definitely had the worst of it," Dirnt said. "He'd been going through his own struggles."
The band's latest three albums (¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, ¡Tré!) are all scheduled for release in relatively quick succession. (¡Uno! debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 in September with 139,000 albums sold, ¡Dos! will debut on Nov. 13 and ¡Tré! arrives on Jan. 15.)
Green Day is currently scheduled to go on a tour of the West coast of the U.S. beginning on Nov. 26, including seven shows before Christmas.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Anne Hathaway Does Tai Chi with Robert De Niro Again!
- Emma Watson Gives a Powerful Speech About Gender Equality - Watch the Video & Read Full Transcipt Here
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak