Björk Serenades Denmark in Giant Worm Dress
The Icelandic singer wore an ensemble of black tubes, thrilling the crowd with a 17-song set filled with tunes old and new.
She's the pop star who makes Lady Gaga look like she shops at Loehmann's.
Icelandic art-rocker Björk, 46, commanded the headliner spot at Denmark's Roskilde Festival this weekend, emerging onstage encased in a tangle of black, worm-like tubing. The dress was the creation of Dutch avant-garde fashion designer Iris van Herpen. A multi-colored hawk's nest of a wig was perched atop her spritely features, now showing some age.
Björk's main set, a multimedia visual feast, consisted of 15 songs, oscillating between familiar hits like "Hunter" and "Isobel" and newer songs from her 2011 release Biophilia -- songs like "Virus," "Mutual Core," and show opener "Cosmogony."
The two-song encore consisted of "One Day," from her first solo album Debut, and "Declare Independence," a rousing cry of rebellion off Volta.
More photos of the performance are available at bjork.fr.
Watch Björk perform "Virus," from Biophilia, in the audience-shot video below.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!