Blur Debuts New Song at London Concert (Video)
"Under the West Way" is the British band's first new recording since 2010.
British band Blur debuted some new material over the weekend with the track, "Under the West Way."
Graham Coxon (on acoustic guitar) and Damon Albarn (piano) performed the song during a War Child benefit concert at Shepherd's Bush Empire in London -- and in a Youtube-millisecond, the video footage hit the web.
"We wrote (it) just up the road a couple of weeks ago," Albarn during his intro.
The result: emo, plaintive and dramatic. "Under the West Way" is the band's first recording since the 2010 single "Fool's Day." They have not released a record since 2003's Think Tank, but Coxon has said another record is on the way. On Tuesday, the band will perform at the Brit Awards, where they'll also pick up an Outstanding Contribution to Music trophy.
Check out the clip from their War Child outing:
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)
- Norman Reedus Breaks Down Daryl and Beth's Relationship on 'The Walking Dead'
- Get Creeped Out By the Latest Demon-Filled 'Constantine' Trailer (VIDEO)