Blur Debuts New Song at London Concert (Video)
"Under the West Way" is the British band's first new recording since 2010.
British band Blur debuted some new material over the weekend with the track, "Under the West Way."
Graham Coxon (on acoustic guitar) and Damon Albarn (piano) performed the song during a War Child benefit concert at Shepherd's Bush Empire in London -- and in a Youtube-millisecond, the video footage hit the web.
"We wrote (it) just up the road a couple of weeks ago," Albarn during his intro.
The result: emo, plaintive and dramatic. "Under the West Way" is the band's first recording since the 2010 single "Fool's Day." They have not released a record since 2003's Think Tank, but Coxon has said another record is on the way. On Tuesday, the band will perform at the Brit Awards, where they'll also pick up an Outstanding Contribution to Music trophy.
Check out the clip from their War Child outing:
Fall TV Preview
What's Hot In Music
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014