Blur Debuts New Song at London Concert (Video)
"Under the West Way" is the British band's first new recording since 2010.
British band Blur debuted some new material over the weekend with the track, "Under the West Way."
Graham Coxon (on acoustic guitar) and Damon Albarn (piano) performed the song during a War Child benefit concert at Shepherd's Bush Empire in London -- and in a Youtube-millisecond, the video footage hit the web.
"We wrote (it) just up the road a couple of weeks ago," Albarn during his intro.
The result: emo, plaintive and dramatic. "Under the West Way" is the band's first recording since the 2010 single "Fool's Day." They have not released a record since 2003's Think Tank, but Coxon has said another record is on the way. On Tuesday, the band will perform at the Brit Awards, where they'll also pick up an Outstanding Contribution to Music trophy.
Check out the clip from their War Child outing:
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!